With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies. We are headquartered in San Francisco with an office in London and employees throughout Europe and are rapidly expanding our company to serve our European clients. We are headquartered in San Francisco with an office in London and employees throughout Europe, and are rapidly expanding our company to serve our European clients
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
About the Role:
The Customer Support Engineer will be based in San Jose (US remote ok) and is a multi-functional role. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the end-to-end customer service model for the BrightInsight SaaS platform. Customer service is a key aspect of our operations, resolving issues ranging from routine maintenance requests to high criticality incident support to ensure that end-users experience high quality digital health solutions. You will work in a fast-paced start-up environment that requires you to own all aspects of this process but work cross-functionally to identify requirements and validate the solution. You will lead our team in best practice training using your solution and build a team to support your model while monitoring performance to ensure regulatory compliance, customer satisfaction, and process efficiency.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Passionate customer focus
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Ability to operate at the intersection of strategy, operations, external customer and internal organization
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Intense collaboration
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do...
- Support and improve a comprehensive L1, L2 and L3 customer support function that supports regulated medical device product and services and that will interface with our customers
- Support and improve customer support processes that comply with our regulatory, security, and privacy policies as well the policies and procedures outlined in our Quality Management System
- Support and improve customer support system that meets personal data handling and privacy rules including HIPAA and GDPR requirements
- Work with L1 vendors to develop call scripts required to support patients, physicians, etc.
- Identify the right vendors and tools to build out and deliver on highest level of customer support.
- Qualify identified tools against our quality management, security, privacy and regulatory control policies
- Identify cross-functional roles across engineering, DevOps, and operations needed to support a customer support function within our organization
- Support the operational aspects of the customer support function and work closely with engineering and DevOps for customer issues
- Manage customer relationship, monthly reports, customer support calls and first contact for customers
- Managing cases, requests and enhancements using online tools, ticketing system and customer service processes
- Providing highest level of customer service to our customers while adhering to our strict SLAs for response and restoration times
- Problem identification, workaround resolution, root cause analysis and critical incident management
Here is some of what you’ll need...
- 5+ years of customer support/ technical support / customer interaction experience
- 2+ years of Medical Device technical support (Software preferred but hardware ok)
- Experience with REST APIs, user authentication methods is a plus
- Basic working knowledge of Google App Engine, GCP (or AWS or Azure)
- Experience in healthcare related industries; digital health experience is a big plus
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Bash, Perl or Python
- Expertise in problem solving, and analyzing and troubleshooting cloud base software products/systems
- Expertise in system and security monitoring tools, such as datadog, new relic, Splunk
- Experience releasing and supporting medical device digital solutions
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulationsBachelor’s degree in engineering
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of software development and customer support cycle
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexibility as responsibilities may require occasional out of business hours, weekend and on-call rotation work based on customer projects
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide...
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
“BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.”