With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 2 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Sr. Quality Engineering (QE) Automation Engineer will be responsible for the development of BrightInsight platform test strategies, test plan, and test automation design and development. You will work closely with the platform architects, system engineers, product, development, data science, and operations team to ensure the quality and successful releases of the platform.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Accountable for defining the test strategies of the platform throughout SDLC
- Lead the roadmap of platform Test Automation, with the goal of improving testing efficiency and quality of the platform that meet medical device regulation, data privacy compliance, and mission-critical reliability and performance requirements
- Work with system engineers and platform architects to design, development and execution of the test plan and test cases
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design and improvement of the platform testing automation framework
- Report and drive increased test automation coverage across the platform modules/services
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to QE engineers to influence and drive quality
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 7+ years of hands-on software testing experience in developing test cases and test plans with extensive knowledge of automated testing and architecture
- Expert knowledge of Testing Frameworks and Test Automation Design Patterns like TDD, BDD, Page Objects, etc.
- Hands-on experience in REST APIs test automation using Java, python, node.js, TestNG, RestAssured or similar
- Hands-on experience in Performance and Load Testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling or similar
- Experience with industry standard tools for defect tracking, source code management, test case management, test automation, and other management and monitoring tools
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience providing technical leadership (architect, senior team lead, engineering manager)
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- Experience with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools, jenkins or similar
- Experience in working on software development in a highly regulated industry, such as health care/medical device, and financial industry, and familiarity with regulations and compliance requirements