With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcareInternet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products –medical devices,combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
BrightInsight, a SaaS leader in the digital health space, is a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
The Assistance Controller/Controller role will lead the accounting team at BrightInsight in partnership with the VP of Finance. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing startup and create a great foundation of processes and systems that will enable our company to grow and scale. A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously, and have strong communications skills. In addition, this position is responsible for effectively designing policies and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
What you get to do in this role:
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Lead revenue recognition policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision making.
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with BrightInsight’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements and filings.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for the general ledger, tax, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, artist payments, financial reporting, stock plan administration and external audit relationships.
- Oversee international entity management and review financials to ensure compliant with US GAAP and properly consolidated
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and our financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of our high-growth business.
- Partner with department leaders to understand key issues and business drivers.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- As a critical leader, the Controller will build relationships and partner with all departments to provide data and insights to help managers run the company and make effective decisions.
- Evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
- Lead ad hoc projects as required by the business
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years experience, currently a Director of Accounting, Assistant Controller, or Controller preferably in both US and Global operating environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
- 5+ years Big 4 assurance/audit experience
- Strong technical accounting background
- Experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness a plus
- ERP implementation experience and/or working knowledge of Sage Intacct a plus
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent skills in accuracy, organization, and problem solving
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented people in the business.