The Senior Software Security Architect will be based in San Jose, CA, and will be responsible for the design, development, and roadmap of information security technical solutions for BrightInsight platform and customer applications. You will work closely with platform architects, product and engineering team, privacy, compliance, quality, security operation team
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Lead the development, implementation, and evolution of the BrightInsight information security technology roadmap, based on current and evolving regulation and compliance needs, and information security trends, security standards and best practices, to continue enhancing our security posture, and positioning BrightInsight as a leader in healthcare data privacy and security
- Design, implement and enhance platform information security architecture
- Drive the design, development and implementation of end-to-end technology stack/solutions for BrightInsight platform and customer applications, including but only limited to, network security, NGFW, IPS, DLP, Encryption, Logging and active monitoring, incident response management solution, SIEM, DR and backup, vulnerability scan and patch management solutions.
- Lead threat modeling exercises and collaborate across teams to build/deploy and maintain innovative solutions for the security threats detection, prevention and mitigation
- Perform regular security reviews of platform design to ensure compliance with Flex Digital Health security policies and security best practices.
- Guide the security operation and incident response team on ongoing management of BrightInsight platform production environments and customer applications security, including network security, vulnerability scan scanning & remediations, penetration testing, DR testing, active security monitoring and reporting, and incident response/breach management.
- Support ongoing information security risk assessments and audits, and the associated remediation activities, to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet HIPAA and GDPR or other global compliance, HITRUST certification, and other relevant standards and requirements.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, or a related field. Advance degree is preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in software product information security
- 3+ years of security architecture experience for cloud-based software products
- Experience with public cloud platform, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with remediation of vulnerabilities and patches.
- Expert level experience in working with information security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, DLP, encryption, Penetration Testing, and SIEM tools, etc.
- Experience in security incident/breach management
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 5+ years of similar work experience in the healthcare, finance, or other highly regulated industries
- Industry certifications, such as CISSP, CISA, GSEC, etc. are strongly preferred
- Deep understanding in data privacy and data security related regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA, GDPR, and related security and quality framework and standards (such as ISO 2700x, NIST800, HITRUST, SOC II, etc.)
- Experience in securing IOT devices
- Experience in medical devices
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.