With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Site Reliability Engineer will be based in San Jose, CA, and will be responsible for ensuring BrightInsight platform and customer apps production environments are deployed and running with high performance, quality, security, and compliance. The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based platform for the healthcare industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health data to be used for patient diagnosis and management.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what's required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Support production environments before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing and deploying self-service software solutions and frameworks to support the delivery and operation, and participating launch planning and reviews.
- Maintain production environments once they are live by monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, and analyzing the incidents and applying appropriate fixes to the issues, deploying regular updates and patches.
- Scale operation sustainably through designing, developing and optimizing automation systems that support cloud-based platforms and customer applications, pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response.
- Keep up with industry best practices and trends on SRE, and drive implementation of best practices
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- 5+ years experience in SRE or DevOps in supporting large scale cloud-based software products or system.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Bash, Perl or Python.
- Expertise in problem solving, and analyzing and troubleshooting cloud base software products/systems
- Expertise in system and security monitoring tools, such as datadog, new relic, Splunk
- Hands-on experience with automation frameworks such as Terraform, Packer, Vault, or Ansible
- Hands-on experience with CICD tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Spinnaker.
- Hands-on experience with deploying and troubleshooting docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages C, C++, Java, Go or Python
- Significant experience with public cloud technologies, eg. AWS, GCP or Azure
- Have launched production-quality applications in an Agile environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 2+ years of similar work experience in the digital health industry
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience releasing and supporting medical device digital solutions
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulations
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.