With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Director (Technical Product Management) will be located on the East Coast and be responsible for the success of implementation of our customer projects on the BrightInsight Platform. Customer projects include software solutions categorized as medical devices leveraging mobile, web, and web services technologies running on the BrightInsight platform. You will work closely with BrightInsight's Engineering, Program Management, Business Development, Legal, Product teams and other internal stakeholders, while regularly interacting with our customers. In addition, you will be the main partner to business development to understand customer requirements and define the most effective method to approach new opportunities globally.
This is a content-rich role. All our projects are software development projects which create Medical Grade digital products for our customers building on the pre-made capabilities (micro-services) of the BrightInsight platform. Prior experience in regulated Software development and/or Software Medical Devices is essential.
This is a hands-on execution role. Leading virtual teams, and allowing other virtual teams to lead you, we are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who will elevate the teams around her/him.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Elicit, fully clarify, finalize and document customer requirements
- Author (write) regulated (subject to inspection) documentation on developed Software Medical Devices
- Define Priorities on development sprints, make decisions about story grooming, ensure Sprint preparation, closure and conduct sprint demoes
- Trigger, manage and follow up Workflows for review and approval on numerous regulated documents
- Coach, lead, or complete efforts in capturing customer needs, structuring projects; defining user journeys and user stories, business and technical requirements, and new product features.
- Define and document user (patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers) requirements by working collaboratively with our Pharmaceutical and Medical Technology customers
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Engineers and Designers to define great experiences and scalable solutions
- Act as Product Owner in an Agile medical device software development team
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across all areas of the organization
- Strategize with Business Development to win customers by providing product and technical expertise based on the BrightInsight platform as applied to customer use cases
- Manage multiple clients, operate with tight deadlines, and have the awareness to reset priorities as needed. You are naturally accountable and responsible.
- Be an advocate for BrightInsight’s value propositions and technical capabilities with current and potential customers.
- Make decisions and recommendations backed by data, evidence and good judgment.
- Driven by an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technologies to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save live
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 7+ years of leadership in product management and/or software products experience
- 3+ years of applied experience in development, release, and maintenance of software-based medical devices
- Have managed teams of product managers and/or engineers
- Experience with regulated technology delivery in the pharma or medical devices industry
- Experience in technical product management, software development or implementation
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with cloud-based software platforms (SaaS)
- Experience with human-centered design and Agile development methodologies
- Experience bringing new software products to market
- Strong organizational, leadership, communications (written and verbal), problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Up to 30% travel to European locations
- As a part of geographically distributed delivery team off-hours conference calls are common
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.