We're looking for people who can be the leaders of the company — starting on their very first day.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
We are engineering systems to understand the world. Our philosophy is that the world can be understood, and we strive to build a fundamental, cause-and-effect understanding of markets and management. Technology is crucial to advancing our mission. Our technologists collaborate with our researchers and managers to design, engineer, and run platforms which enable systemization and scale in everything we do.
As a Technical Project Manager you will be an integral part of our IAM (Identity Access Management) team and drive a significant set of projects, responsibilities, escalations and improvement initiatives across our Access Management platform.
Operating within our Critical Infrastructure pillar, you will partner closely with our IAM architects and engineers, security technologists, and operations team to deliver excellent IAM solutions that offer value without compromising on risk or quality. We have transformation and improvement initiatives in this domain, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact.
We think you’ll click with us if you
- Can drive complex, high-value projects involving multiple partners to success, on time
- Manage each release through the launch process
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project
- Act as an owner, assume responsibility and drive issues to resolution
- Constantly raise the bar, never satisfied that anything is good enough
- Have the ability to understand engineers, helping them to break ambiguous goals into solid plans
- Can balance pragmatism, excellence and agility with good logic
- Can prioritize and organize many concurrent threads across different initiatives whilst balancing risk.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Partnering and collaborating with our engineers to understand their goals, needs and challenges
- Facilitating daily standups, planning, review and retrospective meetings
- Keeping the team on the right track, removing impediments and thinking ahead to identity potential barriers to advancement
- Understanding problems, people, processes and products
- Designing and documenting solutions that drive value across the delivery cycle (project plans etc.)
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement of processes and organizations towards excellence
- Demonstrated end to end project ownership, and ability to drive outcomes until full business value realized
- Strong and Pragmatic knowledge of agile approach and ability to apply it in specific circumstances.
- First class verbal and written communication skills, alongside exceptional organizational prowess
- Foundational awareness of software development processes in order to understand the work engineers and product managers are undertaking and ensuring quality and deadlines are upheld.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.