Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world’s largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
About the Finance Team:
Finance is the guardian of Bridgewater’s financial resources. We seek to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing use of firm’s financial resources. This responsibility is fulfilled by providing strategic partnership, insights and independent challenge along with the delivery of high-quality financial reporting, forecasting and analysis while maintaining effective and efficient operational control.
About your role:
Bridgewater is seeking a Tax & Compliance Associate to be an integral member of our growing Tax team. The Tax Associate will assist with a complicated, detailed federal and state compliance function supporting Bridgewater's departments, capturing/analyzing information for the tax filings and maintaining the tax filing calendar and providing information management for these functions. We are looking for a strong and ambitious individual who is willing to work and learn with the best. This is a newly built role as we are going through a technology transformation and making significant investments. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be detail orientated, and persistence to drive for results
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing federal, state and local tax compliance and related reporting.
- Preparing and review tax accounting.
- Collaborating with third party return preparers.
- Gathering financial information and building work papers for tax reporting.
- Assisting Senior Management with tax planning and research.
- Detailing tax risks and internal controls.
- Assisting federal, state, and local direct and indirect tax audits.
- Tax compliance experience at the federal, state, and local level.
- Excellent detail orientation and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills
- Deals well with ambiguity; ability to problem solve.
- The highest level of integrity and respect for confidential information
Why Choose Bridgewater?
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- And more
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations. This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer