Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview
The goal of the Finance Department is to drive shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing the use of financial resources as accomplished through Bridgewater’s Principles. Working with the firm’s Senior Management, the department is responsible for: 1) delivering timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and analysis, 2) providing insight, strategic partnership and independent challenge to the Bridgewater leadership team, 3) maintaining efficient operational controls
COO Team Overview
The Operations Analyst will report to the Program Manager in the COO Office, which is responsible for operational excellence of the Finance Department. To fulfill this responsibility, the team leads three areas: People – leading talent management programs within the department, Compliance – enabling risk mitigation and prioritization through accurate reporting, and Operations – maintaining efficient operational controls.
This position blends strategic project management and operational problem solving with the opportunity for apprenticeship in the finance, risk and control and operations space. As an Operations Analyst, you’ll help us achieve our mission by framing goals into actionable plans, getting results from conception to execution. Candidates will anticipate problems and have the agility to keep the project on track by formulating solutions to address obstacles real-time. The individual should recognize deviations from expectations and hold people accountable to deliver at high standards.
We seek candidates who have the creativity, initiative and conceptual intelligence to help lead Bridgewater through current and future challenges. Outstanding candidates will grow their responsibilities over time and be limited only by their skills and ability. This is an excellent foot in the door to someone that is detail-oriented, has experience in project management and is seeking to expand their experience in operations or finance.
• Project lead strategic operational projects and hold partners accountable to delivering high quality results
• Natural curiosity and interest in problem solving, especially using data analytics to lead change
• Capable of succinctly and articulately communicating insights to senior partners both verbally and in writing
• Agility and flexibility to keep up with what can be an uncertain or changing environment
• Serve as a thought partner to support and challenge the program manager’s thinking – provide independent perspective
• Effectively support the Program Manager and COO team's projects and initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
• 1-3 years of business experience managing projects and working towards results in fast-paced work environment
• Balance of pragmatism and high standards with agility, common sense and logic
• Must be able to think at the goal level and connect tasks to goals
• Organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet tight deadlines and maintain high quality work
• Proficient in Word, Powerpoint and Excel with the ability to quickly learn new software tools as needed
• Prior experience with management consulting, audit, or project management
In addition, to thrive and succeed within our open culture, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity and an openness to new ideas or approaches. They need to be hardworking, confident and goal-oriented. All Bridgewater employees are expected to be honest, direct, excited about providing and receiving objective feedback, constantly striving for self-improvement and committed to the pursuit of excellence in themselves, their colleagues and the company overall.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.