Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview:
The goal of the Finance Department is to drive shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing the use of Bridgewater's financial resources as accomplished through Bridgewater’s Principles and way of being. Working with the firm’s Senior Management, the Finance Department is responsible for: 1) delivering timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and analysis, 2) providing insight, strategic partnership and independent challenge to the Bridgewater leadership team, 3) maintaining effective and efficient operational controls.
The Revenue Team is responsible for client billing, customer service, and revenue analytics. The team operates in a fast-paced environment and provides key support for critical daily and monthly functions across Bridgewater's front and back office operations as well as thought partnership and business decision support to Client service and Senior Management.
This individual will report to the Revenue Manager and will be responsible for working both collaboratively and independently to ensure accurate and timely client billing and excellent client customer support. Additionally, successful Revenue Associates will develop and hone communication, problem solving, and analytical skills while partnering with senior team members and management on various projects and improvement initiatives. With time and experience, the opportunity exists to take on additional responsibilities.
We are seeking candidates who are proactive contributors who possess a strong sense of personal responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and persist to overcome obstacles. They must be logical, with solid problem solving and math skills, a strong process improvement orientation and sophisticated Excel skills. Candidates should be detail-oriented, while also able to understand the bigger picture and make lateral connections across work streams. Given exposure to sensitive information, all candidates for this role must exhibit strong discretion.
- Calculate periodic management and performance fees and prepare client invoices; provide customer service and problem solve
- Analyze and interpret complex fee language in legal documents, deduce revenue implications and translate into fee calculation models
- Manage and maintain fee information databases, including fee structures, historical fee data, and client contact information
- Provide fee related subject matter expertise, revenue data and analysis to support management initiatives and facilitate decision-making
- Partner with team and revenue manager to envision, define, and drive opportunities for technology and process improvements while ensuring team responsibilities are balanced efficiently and are well controlled
- Maintain and update process/control documentation
- Be central point of contact for internal/external customers inquiries
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a strong academic track record
- 5-7 years of business experience, experience in financial services, fund administration or fund accounting
- Computer savvy with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience with VBA a plus; ability to learn new programs/operating systems quickly
- Strong attention to detail, but also synthesize the big picture by identifying connections and relationships in data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logical with strong common sense
- Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming impediments and challenges in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple streams of work; flexibly and the ability to stay calm under pressure
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.