Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview:
The goal of the Finance Department is to drive shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing the use of Bridgewater's financial resources as accomplished through Bridgewater’s Principles and way of being. Working with the firm’s Senior Management, the Finance Department is responsible for: 1) delivering timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and analysis, 2) providing insight, strategic partnership and independent challenge to the Bridgewater leadership team, 3) maintaining effective and efficient operational controls.
Bridgewater is currently hiring a Senior Finance Associate to join its Corporate Finance team. Senior Finance Associates play a supervisory role in the generation of financial modeling and analysis, as well as the creation of reporting packages used to inform our CFO and Senior Leaders about Company financial health, risk, and opportunities. The Senior Finance Associate will be expected to drive projects independently, efficiently utilize junior resources, and synthesize the financial reporting to senior management. Projects may include work on matters such as balance sheet, capital structure, valuation, revenue analytics, expense management, etc. This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are ready to apply their analytical thinking to strategic conversations with key members of the Bridgewater community.
We are seeking a candidate who is highly analytical, demonstrates expertise with financial modeling, takes independent initiative, has strong oral and written communication skills, takes on challenges willingly, is highly reliable, and seeks and gives feedback.
- Partner with internal leaders to understand their goals and identify and deliver solutions which satisfy their needs
- Build, collect, manage, and analyze financial data in order to provide information (e.g. deliverables, reports, slide decks, etc.) for management
- Develop complex financial models to analyze financial impacts across various scenarios
- Execute work activities to meet deadlines and review deliverables to identify financial anomalies and ensure deliverables achieve objectives
- 5-10 years of analytical work experience in a corporate finance, corporate development, investment banking, or management consulting setting
- Expertise with financial analysis, modelling, and reporting
- Previous experience synthesizing financial information and communicating to senior managers
- Strong academics and demonstrated math/analytical ability
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Interest in and desire to learn about financial concepts and their application
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.