Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview
The goal of the Finance Department is to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing the use of the firm’s financial resources as accomplished through Bridgewater’s Principles and way of being. Working with the firm’s Senior Management, the Finance Department is responsible for: 1) delivering timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and analysis, 2) providing insight, strategic partnership and independent challenge to the Bridgewater leadership team, 3) maintaining effective and efficient operational controls.
Bridgewater’s Finance Department is currently hiring a Finance Associate to join its Corporate Finance team. The role develops financial models, analytics and reporting packages that are used to inform our CFO and Senior Leaders about the Company’s financial health, risk, and opportunities. The Finance Associate will absorb projects of growing complexity as soon as they demonstrate ability. These projects may include work on matters such as balance sheet, capital structure, valuation, revenue analytics, expense management, etc. This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are ready to apply their analytical thinking to business-critical strategic conversations with key members of the Bridgewater community.
We are seeking a candidate who is highly analytical, demonstrates proficiency with financial modeling, takes independent initiative, has strong oral and written communication skills, takes on challenges willingly, is highly reliable, and seeks and gives feedback.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand their goals and identify and deliver solutions which satisfy their needs
- Create, collect, manage, and analyze financial data in order to provide actionable information (e.g. deliverables, reports, slide decks, etc.) for management
- Develop complex financial models to analyze financial impacts across various scenarios
- Execute work activities to meet deadlines and review deliverables to identify financial anomalies and ensure deliverables achieve objectives
- 1-3 years of analytical work experience in a corporate finance, corporate development, investment banking, or management consulting setting
- Previous experience with financial analysis, modelling, and reporting
- Previous experience creating summaries and presentations to communicate financial information or other data effectively
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Interest in and desire to learn about financial concepts and their application
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.