The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as various business operations functions. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance creates and drives the strategy that aligns the Security department’s roadmap to Bridgewater’s long-term plans. The team implements company-wide requirements that mitigate risk, adjudicate decisions that impact Bridgewater’s risk posture, and audit the security of processes and technologies across the company.
What You’d be Doing
The Security Auditor plays a critical role ensuring that senior leadership understands the current state and efficacy of cyber, personnel, and physical security controls. This knowledge is used to drive our long-term security roadmaps as well as to identify specific gaps for prioritized remediation.
Security Auditors are responsible for planning and conducting security controls audits across the firm. They work with all levels of the organization to coordinate, supervise and perform audits to assess the maturity of our security controls and to ensure they are effectively deployed throughout the enterprise. Auditors go in-depth to assess the proper functioning of control solutions, using various tactics such as interviews, inspections, technical analysis, and automated tests.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re knowledgeable in:
- Risk management methodologies
- Industry standard security practices (NIST, CSC)
- Security technologies
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Enterprise technology systems (compute, storage, networks, virtualization)
- Scripting and automation (PowerShell, Python, Bash
…If you’re great at:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of security controls, including cyber, physical, and procedural controls
- Planning, supervising, and performing internal security control audits, including fieldwork, analysis, and report generation
- Developing and improving analytical models and methodologies to assess and rate control maturity and effectiveness
- Preparing audit reports with detailed findings and recommendations for remediation
- Developing manual and automated audit processes
…If you’re able to:
- Operate with a high degree of confidentiality, responsibility, and ethics
- Reliably and independently get work done
- Quickly learn how things work
- Think about second and third order consequences of plans and decisions
- Always question the “why” of things, and perceive potential problems and issues
You’ll be into this if you:
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that requires you to think strategically as well as execute effectively in order to get things done
- Want to help build a world-class audit program at an organization that truly values security
- Want to be a part of the team responsible for defining security strategy and managing cyber risk
- Want to work with and learn from best-in-class security architects, penetration testers, engineers and system administrators
- Have a strong ownership mentality and always strive for results
- Value truth, openness, and the pursuit of excellence
Boxes to check:
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology
- 3+ years related experience
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CISA, CCNP Security, CEH, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA
- Preferred: experience with enterprise technologies and basic scripting or coding ability
- Preferred: experience in a high discretion, classified environment
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.