Transformation Team Lead
Bridgewater Associates, LP
Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we’ve built a distinct track record of success. We’ve done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Transformation Team Overview:
Bridgewater’s Transformation Team drives the highest-priority initiatives for our CEOs. Our team collaborates closely with senior managers across the company to enable transformation of Bridgewater’s business. Responsible for the approach, development, and execution of strategic initiatives, we have a track record of successful, multi-year, multi-department, multi-million dollar efforts that have rapidly changed our business to better meet client needs. We have worked on everything from our investment lifecycle to employee and workplace services, and almost everything in between. These complex transformations require individuals who can organize key stakeholders to develop and deliver integrated solutions across people, process, and technology. The team reports to the Transformation Manager who reports directly to the CEOs.
The Transformation Lead and Transformation Associate roles are highly visible positions with many opportunities to take on more responsibility if successful. Ideal candidates will demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, strong ability to collaborate with and influence a variety of people, and the capability to develop and lead content-rich initiatives from inception through delivery. All candidates for this team should possess a very strong sense of personal responsibility. They must also demonstrate a high degree of conceptual, agile thinking, strong logic in their approach to a wide array of problems, exceptional common sense, and excellent presence. While prior content knowledge and experience is a plus, it is not required.
- Driving transformational changes across business and technology with senior leaders of the firm
- Owning and driving the identification and resolution of key problems across business and technology
- Interfacing across the Bridgewater organization (as transformations are cross-departmental in nature) and between Bridgewater and relevant external parties (vendors, consultants)
- Creation, visualization, and ownership of the plan to deliver against our goals, including identification of key risks and interdependencies
- Directing and quality controlling investigation and analysis activities across internal and external parties
- Synthesizing analytical answers and progress against goals to stakeholders
- Providing thought-partnership to senior business and program leaders and being a strong carrier of the team’s vision, goals, culture and community
- 2-5+ years relevant experience post-MBA with a proven track record contributing to or leading senior-level management and strategy initiatives in a top-tier consulting firm or internal strategy group
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects in a dynamic environment
- Relentless commitment to overcoming obstacles in order to deliver high quality results under time constraints
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, apply probabilities to various outcomes, and manage risk
- Exceptional hypothesis-driven problem solving skills and the ability to break down, analyze, and structure complex and ambiguous information
- Ability to influence management stakeholders across the enterprise at multiple levels through logical/analytical discussion and debate
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn quickly
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic both independently and as a part of a team
We value innate abilities (e.g. smart, agile, quick learner, disciplined) more than specific skill sets / experiences that can be learned, but of course the best candidates will have both.
Additionally, to thrive and succeed within our unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility and openness to new ideas/approaches. She or he needs to be hard working, confident, and goal oriented. All Bridgewater employees are expected to be honest, exceptionally direct, excited about providing and receiving objective feedback, and to be constantly striving for self-improvement. For more information on Bridgewater’s unique work environment, please review our philosophy at our website.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.