The Head of Business Operations will have the opportunity, and mandate, to shape and build out a business operations function for technology at Bridgewater. The role has primary accountability for the financial and operating performance of the Technology business, and provides operational leadership and contribution to strategy through multiple layers of managers or stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a creative business leader and skilled operator who gets things done, communicates and manages stakeholders effectively, and is comfortable operating within a fast-paced growth company environment. This person will play an important role in ensuring that the business achieves key objectives and that it runs smoothly, efficiently and effectively.
You’ll spend your time:
- Setting the vision and design for the development, communication, and implementation of plans for the business operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and people within Technology
- Partnering with, and supporting, the Tech COO and CTO in strategic planning, organizational planning, budget management and business processes, aligning with other functions to develop budgets, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives
- Evaluating performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics. Measuring the effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Providing timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the department
- Own the full lifecycle of infrastructure assets in how it connects to our financial processes. Strong coordination and collaboration with the CFO and his/her team to connect our asset lifecycle to our financial lifecycle.
- Seeking out and building organizational processes to help run the business smoothly and efficiently
- 7+ years experience in strategy and business operations roles in a startup or high-growth environment (preferably a tech company or in a tech business area)
- A track record of designing and building a business operations functions with a team to support business goals
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company, including junior colleagues, peers, and executive leadership
- A strong problem-solving track record –you're able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between bigger picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Relationship management and negotiation skills with the ability to influence real outcomes at a senior level
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.