Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview:
The goals for the Finance Department are to establish and maintain a strong financial foundation for Bridgewater, to protect Bridgewater’s financial interests, and to shape Bridgewater’s financial future. Working with the firm’s leaders, we are responsible for crafting and implementing Bridgewater's financial strategy. More specifically, we execute the day-to-day financial operations (accounts payable, client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, project portfolio management, shareholder reporting, record keeping, and calculations); we protect and lead all aspects of corporate assets (through collaborating with the business on procurement standard methodologies, internal controls, budgeting, cash management, and insurance); and we provide strategic information about, and synthesis of the financial picture to Bridgewater’s leaders (financial planning and analysis).
Bridgewater is seeking a Tax & Compliance associate to be an integral member of our growing Tax team. The Tax Associate will assist with a complicated, detailed Federal and State compliance function supporting Bridgewater departments, capturing/analyzing information for the tax filings and maintaining the Tax Filing calendar and providing information management for these functions. We are looking for a strong and ambitious individual who is willing to work and learn with the best. This is a newly built role as we are going through a technology transformation and making significant investments. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be detail orientated, and persistence to drive for results.
- Preparing and reviewing federal, state and local tax compliance and related reporting.
- Preparing and review tax accounting.
- Collaborating with third party return prepares.
- Gathering financial information and building work papers for tax reporting.
- Assisting Senior Management with tax planning and research.
- Detailing tax risks and internal controls.
- Assisting federal, state, and local direct and indirect tax audits.
- 2-5 years of tax compliance experience, federal, state, and local level.
- Excellent detail orientation and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity; ability to problem solve.
- The highest level of integrity and respect for confidential information
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.