Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview
The goals for the Finance Department are to establish and maintain a strong financial foundation for Bridgewater, to protect Bridgewater’s financial interests, and to shape Bridgewater’s financial future. Working with the firm’s senior leaders, we are responsible for designing and implementing Bridgewater's financial strategy. More specifically, we execute the day-to-day financial operations (accounts payable, client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, project portfolio management, shareholder reporting, record keeping, and calculations); we protect and oversee corporate assets (through partnering with the business on procurement best practices, internal controls, budgeting, cash management, and insurance); and we provide strategic information about, and synthesis of the financial picture to Bridgewater’s leaders (financial planning and analysis).
Bridgewater’s Finance Department is currently hiring for a Tax Compliance and Planning professional to be an integral member of our growing Finance Tax and Regulatory team. This individual will be a key player in the management of Bridgewater’s tax compliance deadlines and be responsible for assisting with a complicated, detailed Federal and State compliance function, performing SUT filings, Property Tax filings, support to other Bridgewater departments, gathering/analyzing information for the tax filings and maintaining the Tax Filing calendar and general information management for these functions. We are looking for a strong and energetic individual who is willing to work and learn with the best. This is a newly created role as we are going through a technology transformation and making significant investments. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, detail orientation and perseverance to drive for results.
- Preparing and reviewing federal, state and local tax compliance and related reporting.
- Assisting with the Indirect Tax process to optimize the efficient, effective, and accurate delivery of information for timely filing.
- Preparing and review tax accounting.
- Interfacing with third party service providers.
- Gathering financial information and creating work papers for reporting.
- Assisting Senior Management with tax planning and research.
- Documenting tax risks and internal controls.
- Assisting federal, state, and local direct and indirect tax audits.
- Extensive tax compliance experience - federal, state, and local level.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Juris Doctorate (JD) degree.
- Excellent detail orientation and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity; ability to problem solve.
- Highest level of integrity and respect for confidential information
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.