The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as various business operations functions. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
The Security Operations team is a centralized group whose responsibilities are to monitor, assess and defend Bridgewater assets and people from adverse actions.
What You’d be Doing
CIRT Engineers work within the Cyber Incident Response team (CIRT) and help design, build, and test security solutions that enable, aid, or automate IR activities or security investigations at enterprise scale in a fast paced environment. CIRT Engineers play a critical role in empowering SOC analysts with new tools and technologies that enhance IR and further enable automated data collection, analysis, and remediation of security incidents. In this role, the CIRT engineer must build strong partnerships with SOC analysts, security architects, and technologists company-wide and ensure their designs and tools meet security requirements and leverage the appropriate technology management tools. They work closely with colleagues across the Security department to build new tools that mitigate emerging security risks across the enterprise. CIRT Engineers will also partner with the broader tech community within the enterprise on securing new platforms being introduced within the environment.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re knowledgeable in:
- Security technologies and controls
- OS fundamentals and securing windows/Linux/OSX
- Cloud platforms like AWS/Azure and associated cloud integration initiatives (e.g. O365)
- Scripting with Python, PowerShell, SQL, and Bash
- Big data platforms and data analysis
…If you’re great at:
- Building security tools with both legacy and cutting-edge technologies
- Applying data analysis techniques to large datasets of security/behavioral data
- Collaborating with engineers, analysts, and others in Security and Technology to design innovative solutions
- Supporting the cyber incident response team in assessment tasks during crisis management
- Improving existing IR tools and methodologies to enhance response, remediation, and alerting capabilities, or recommending alternatives
…If you’re able to:
- Communicate technical issues to diverse audiences (in person and in writing), in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner
- Practically and resourcefully solve problems
- Reliably and independently get work done
- React quickly and decisively in high-impact situations
- Build automation into manual processes
You’ll be into this if you:
- Have a demonstrated passion for proactively identifying risks and fixing problems
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems
- Are passionate about the importance of security, and want to partner with colleagues who need your expertise
- Enjoy exposure to a breadth technology through involvement in various technology projects
- Have a strong ownership mentality and drive for results
- Value truth, openness, and pursuing excellence
Boxes to check:
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on machine learning expertise with Python programming language
- 10+ years of hands-on systems engineering, security architecture, and DevOps experience
- Automation of incident response automation in AWS and Azure environments.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.