Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Investment Engine Department Summary
We are engineering systems to understand the world. Our philosophy is that the world can be understood, and we strive to build a fundamental, cause-and-effect understanding of markets and management. Technology is crucial to advancing our mission. Our technologists collaborate with our researchers and managers to design, engineer, and run platforms that enable systemization and scale in everything we do.
Bridgewater has embarked on a focused and motivated workplace technology improvement program in order to help our users become more effective and offer them greater flexibility. The program has senior business and technology stakeholder buy-in and the progress we have made so far has been well received by the organization. We want to continue to build upon this momentum and have a significant number of further products and technologies to evaluate and/or deploy as well as maximize what has already been released. As Workplace Technology Product Manager (WTPM) you will be the focal point in this space for products, partners, process and projects. We expect the WTPM to work seamlessly across our technology team and business community to ensure that mission priorities are helped, not hindered by our tools and associated stack.
We think you’ll click with us if you
- Enjoy managing a high powered user base to a high bar, understanding and responding to their goals.
- Have the ability to empathize with users, and “see” tech driven improvements that may or may not hide in plain sight.
- Can build and maintain strong relationships across our organization at a variety of levels and compound these relationships over time.
- Can handle workplace tech related critical issue escalations in a composed and thoughtful manner.
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments.
- Always find the time to understand what users want and why and make sure our engineering team appreciates that perspective.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Partnering with our users to understand their goals, needs, challenges and working habits.
- Owning the product roadmap for our workplace technology solutions.
- Collaborating with our security and engineering teams to take initiatives from proof of concept to being utilized in daily life.
- Designing and documenting solutions that drive business value (functional specifications, project plans, personas etc.)
- Utilizing internal customer feedback and usage data to drive enhancements for a better user experience.
- Driving workplace tech adoption through strong change management practices.
- Demonstrated project ownership, and ability to drive outcomes from inception until full business value realized.
- Demonstrable experience of moving the needle in both solution selection and user uptake of workplace technology (Office 365, Zoom, Collaboration tools, Peripherals, Phones, Hardware etc.).
- First class verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong track record of establishing best practices for productivity tools based on the strength of your customer engagements.
- Passion and curiosity for how tech works and what benefits it can bring. (we love great tech concepts, we equally love great application of tech).
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.