The Sr. Front End Engineer will focus the majority of their time (~70%+) on the frontend development of tools, but must also be able to understand and contribute to additional areas of the stack as the role requires frequent collaboration with engineers such as our backend teams building tools from the platform level, security engineers designing our systems secure architecture, and UI/UX engineers designing the ultimate product.
Users of the technology in the Research and Client Service departments are extremely sophisticated investors, advisors, and clients who are also technically savvy and work in a deep partnership model with the engineers. Our goal is to build highly functional, beautiful, and intuitive technologies which ultimately drive, scale, and enable our fundamental and systematic research and client advisory processes.
We think you’ll click with us if you
- Act like an owner consistently holding a high bar for the quality of your code and are passionate about doing things the “right way.”
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project.
- Act as an owner, assume responsibilities, and drive issues to resolution.
- Can react to a mission critical problem in an excellent way, and not sacrificing quality over speed.
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Developing extremely sophisticated tools and collaborating with some of Bridgewater’s most sophisticated investors within our Research department – we don’t have a product for 1B casual users, but instead we have products that empower a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaging minds.
- Operating within a dynamic team focused on frontend development but also working with engineers from several different areas of focus.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Strong computer science fundamentals with a mastery of fullstack development
- 8+ years professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments holding extremely high bars for their engineers.
- Experience with both frontend and backend engineering, with a preference for the frontend
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.