Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Investment Engine Department Summary
We are engineering systems to understand the world. Our philosophy is that the world can be understood, and we strive to build a fundamental, cause-and-effect understanding of markets and management. Technology is crucial to advancing our mission. Our technologists collaborate with our researchers and managers to design, engineer, and run platforms that enable systemization and scale in everything we do.
The trading team is responsible for implementing our investment views while minimizing transaction costs and information leakage. We do this by constantly deepening our understanding of liquidity and market dynamics to develop systematic, non-discretionary trade execution strategies. As Trading Product Manager you will be focused on the strategic roadmap and actual implementation of our business needs within our multi asset order and execution management platform. Our vision is to create a first class trading platform and you will play a vital role toward that becoming a reality. We are unique in our investment and trading philosophy, systemizing both our trading logic and associated processes. This combination should prove a distinct challenge.
You’ll Click With Us If You:
- Insist on deeply understanding business needs, the problems you are solving, and seeing your projects through from start to finish.
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments.
- Possess passion to succeed and natural curiosity to constantly evolve.
- Want to be collaborating with experts in their fields — Bridgewater is the largest and by some measures the most successful hedge fund in the history of the industry – what better place to hone your craft?
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Partnering with the business to understand their goals and challenges and to influence our overall strategy.
- Translating business initiatives and opportunities into well-defined and actionable requirements, anticipating future business needs.
- Acting as thought partner between business and technical teams by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of our most complex, strategic business problems.
- Working with our technology team to understand the architectural landscape and our implementation choices.
- Constructively challenging technology partners to ensure quality and scalable technical solution delivery to business goals.
- Collaborating with development, QA, technical project managers to monitor progress of product implementation throughout all states of development process, ensuring risks and dependencies are identified and managed.
- A degree in technology related subject or demonstrable experience applying software engineering and computer science fundamentals
- Demonstrable experience with trading platforms (OMS, EMS, Electronic Trading Platforms)
- Deep understanding of trading business workflows and market mechanics in more than one area across Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange and Commodities,
- Demonstrated product or product stream ownership, and ability to drive outcomes from inception until full business value realized
- First class verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle (Agile preferred)
- Understanding of 3rd party OMS/EMS vendor landscape and trends
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.