Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
This role joins a team of data engineers, analysts and data scientists working on internal and external data products. The team uses Google’s Cloud Platform with end products exposed through BigQuery, Tableau, DataStudio, Google Sheets and Python notebooks depending on the use case. Operating as the centralized data & analytics team, the outputs cover growth, risk and operational aspects of a payments centered application.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Create and maintain data services for internal and external consumption
- Partner with data science, engineering and product on schema design, event structure and data architecture to enable scalability
- Improve the “data feedback loop” by ideating on services that provide access to data outputs and automate action
- Contribute to broader data procedures to increase performance, consistency, and accuracy; including both architecture as well as data “wrangling” when necessary
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining data solutions in a distributed environment.
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- Experience with the GCP toolset
- BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub
- Experience with our data stack including BigQuery, Airflow, DBT, GCP, FiveTran, Tableau
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent program
- Bonus points for
- Payments experience (or related industry)
- Experience with streaming data architectures
- Experience with open source data integration tools (airbyte)
- Experience implementing QA checks against large datasets
- Experience implementing/maintaining unittests in Python
- Work from anywhere
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/culture