For over two decades, BrainPOP has been trusted by educators and parents worldwide as a source of engaging and impactful learning experiences for all kids. With a presence in over two-thirds of U.S. districts through school and district subscriptions and an estimated annual reach of 25 million students, BrainPOP is empowering kids to take agency over their learning and excel in and out of the classroom.
The company was acquired in 2022 by KIRKBI, the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO brand, marking a significant milestone as their first acquisition in the digital learning realm. We are thrilled to continue making learning fun and accessible with the strategic guidance and support of KIRKBI.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Product Manager, Reporting, and Insights to join our team. This newly created position will report to the Director of Product Management for Platform.
As the Product Manager of reporting and Insights, you will play a crucial role in shaping how data is collected, analyzed, and presented to enhance decision-making processes for BrainPOP teachers and help millions of students learn.
This role will have a weekly in-person component at our NYC HQ.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a squad to develop reporting and insight tools that:
- Empower students to take ownership over their own learning
- Help teachers and administrators understand how students are engaging and learning with BrainPOP
- Simplify the identification of high-impact next steps that can be taken to accelerate student learning.
- Communicate product vision and progress against business objectives to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Build and maintain a detailed roadmap using data to inform product decisions
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative features
- You’ll be deeply involved in user testing and research to help inform the product roadmap.
- Prove your hypotheses by designing quick, low-risk tests with clear success metrics
- Be a subject matter expert for student, teacher, and administrator reporting and insights.
- Synthesize market, qualitative, and qualitative research into product insights and use them to author requirements
- Define and monitor KPIs to better understand user behavioral patterns
- Deftly manage multiple streams of work to continuously deliver value
- ...posses a user-centric product mindset
- ...solve problems with a bias towards action
- ...are curious and inquisitive
- ...are an analytical and structured thinker
- ...have superior interpersonal skills and boundless empathy for your users, your teammates, and your stakeholders
- … have a data radar and sense for when a data insight is incongruent with your understanding of user behavior
- ...advocate for your users, your product, and the business
- ...lift up those around you and lead by influence and inspiration
- ...love learning about your discipline, our domain, and the world around you
On Your Resume
- 3-5 years of digital product management experience with a proven track record of shipping and iterating on successful products
- Demonstrated success working with teams to build data reports and interfaces that have increased user engagement and usage.
- A deep understanding of data ecosystems and user behavior.
- Effective communication skills and ability to fluidly translate product needs and insights across technical, operational, design, and leadership audiences.
- Experience partnering with product designers, analysts, and engineers
- Experience authoring user flows, wireframes, and mockups
- Technical knowledge. You don’t need to be an engineer, but you do need to be technically conversant to understand the tradeoffs, risks, and perspectives of your team
- Proficiency in using data tracking and business intelligence platforms
- A knack for finding the most important problem amongst a pile of issues
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience)
- Bonus points if you have:
- An MBA (or equivalent experience)
- Education or ed tech experience
- Experience working with remote teams
The BrainPOP team operates in a hybrid work environment: Each role has remote flexibility and an in-person component at our New York headquarters or other meeting locations. For this role, we are seeking a candidate who lives within commuting distance of the NYC office and resides in one of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
Life at BrainPOP
At BrainPOP, our work directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. They inspire us to build solutions that facilitate joy and meaningful learning outcomes. Our commitment to educators and kids is reflected in our dedication to the BrainPOP team: ensuring their experience is empowering, creative, collaborative, playful, and anchored in learning and growth.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value diversity and inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.