The Director of Customer Service is responsible for delivering a best-in-class customer service experience. In this role, the individual will oversee and manage all aspects of the customer service operation, including workforce allocation, ticketing and monitoring system efficiency, high SLA metrics, and consistent and clear reporting to product and technology teams on bugs and product issues.
In this role you will:
- Develop and manage the execution of policies and procedures to ensure a best-in-class customer service experience
- Establish and reports on performance metrics for customer service agents
- Establish service levels and requirements for the department
- Develop and implement methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback
- Develop and implement training and quality assurance programs for new hires and experienced employees
- Identify and recommend or acquire updates and expansions to technology, equipment, and policies that may improve customer service and retention
- Acts as a liaison between the customer service department and other divisions in the company.
- Manage the department's budget
- Passionate about learning and always seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
- A self-starter with great instincts and the ability to discern upcoming needs
- A people oriented person that understands how to de-escalate and problem solve
- A skilled multi-tasker and the wearer of many hats
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and have a “Can Do” attitude
- Outgoing and personable and take pride in being a positive, helpful presence around the office
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills
- A leader with that exudes our company value of “leading with empathy”
- A team player with the time management and organizational skills to also work independently
On Your Resume
- Prior experience working with a fast growing company
- 4+ years of experience working in B2B business model and customer relationship management
- 2+ years of management experience
- 6+ years prior experience working for a SaaS ed tech company (Preferred)
- Experience in using Zendesk and Salesforce (Preferred)
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office. Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $114,750 - 135,000+, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.