BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We’re seeking a Senior Account Manager, Strategic Partnerships, TX to join our Account Management team. This newly created position will report to the VP, Account Management.
As the Senior Account Manager, Strategic Partnerships, TX, you will drive strategy and direction for our current customers in the state of Texas and identify opportunities for growth.
A Day in the Life
- Manage and be accountable for the success of large and strategic Texas partner school districts from onboarding through renewal.
- Be successful in identifying growth opportunities and initiating conversations regarding expansion and growth with our current customers in your territory and upselling partner resources in subscribed districts.
- Develop deep knowledge of the BrainPOP product, a prerequisite for providing world-class support and service to educators.
- Act as the relationship manager and oversee all aspects of the onboarding and implementation process for partners.
- Communicate consistently with district and school leaders to ensure the ongoing use of BrainPOP, gather feedback, share new features, and address challenges. Monitor and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction while managing partner expectations.
- Collaborate with others in Customer Success to develop innovative ways to leverage technology to communicate and support all of BrainPOP’s users.
- Work collaboratively with other internal BrainPOP teams, communicating observations and feedback from district partners to help inform future product development efforts.
- Passionate about learning and always seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
- A self-starter with great instincts and the ability to discern upcoming needs
- A skilled multi-tasker and the wearer of many hats
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and have a “Can Do” attitude
- Outgoing and personable and take pride in being a positive, helpful presence around the office
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills
- A team player with the time management and organizational skills to also work independently
On Your Resume
- 5+ years experience in software sales and/or account management in K-12 and/OR 5-7+ years in education, 2+ years as an administrator.
- Proven competency in identifying value-based opportunities for the partners; advocating partner needs internally and externally OR deeply knowledgeable of the K-12 landscape at the (Texas) state level, including curriculum, standards, and evolving educational trends.
- Experience with software implementations in K-12.
- Experience with a CRM and the ability to forecast and create reports to inform management strategic decision-making.
- Ability to manage large complex projects and programs (minimum of 3 years of project management or equivalent experience.)
- Empathetic to the needs of teachers and students.
- Experience in a K-12 district is a plus.
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
For this role, we are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.