About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
As a member of the Commercial team, you will be shaping the future of Boom by working directly with senior leaders on projects that will further our mission of making the world dramatically more accessible. We are looking for a Commercial Research Analyst who will research and write on pertinent issues to Boom’s Commercial team, including but not limited to: airplane development, global policy, sustainability and fleet strategy. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer who learns quickly and thrives in a fast-paced, growing organization.
You will report to the President and Chief Commercial Officer’s Chief of Staff and should have proven collaboration skills and experience working across an organization. In this role, you will partner with individuals across marketing, communications, policy, fleet strategy, legal, supply chain, operations and engineering. On a given day, you might be preparing a strategy narrative for Boom’s executive team, writing a white paper on supersonic travel for public consumption, or researching international regulations on airplane emissions. This role relies heavily on written communication, so we are looking for someone who enjoys producing high-quality writing in short turnaround times, and can adjust their writing style based on the context and audience.
- Assist the Commercial Chief of Staff in preparing strategy narratives and other internal and external documents.
- Undertake research projects spanning issues across Boom (e.g., policy, sustainability, fundraising, fleet and network planning, commercial operations).
- Collaborate with the Commercial organization’s functional teams to contribute and review materials.
- Attend cross-functional conversations and bring relevant issues back to the Commercial team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Distinguished written, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with aviation and past exposure to engineering, physics, or aviation
- Experience understanding and writing about technical topics
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
- Intellectual humility and curiosity
- High judgement, poise, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- High attention to detail with a high bar for quality
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a rapidly growing environment
- Resourcefulness and bias for action
- A passion for Boom’s mission
The Base Salary Range for this position is $66,000 - $82,500 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.