At Blitz, we’re redefining gaming with a revolutionary software to transform the way that gamers play (check out blitz.gg). Our app helps gamers improve by analyzing real-time data from your gameplay and relaying it back to you in a way that empowers you to level up your skills. At Blitz, our value of empowerment extends to our employees as well with the support we give for our team to advance in their careers.
Blitz.gg is a rapidly growing gaming startup that focuses on delivering the best gaming experience for our users. We’re looking for a talented Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our team and help us scale our ability to onboard new games.
What You’ll Do
- Work across our technology stack, including Elixir/Phoenix on the back-end and React/TypeScript on the front-end.
- Collaborate with reversing engineers to transform raw data into a usable format.
- Implement Elixir, Phoenix, and Absynthe to pass formatted data to the Blitz.gg client and render results.
- Develop and optimize the “new game integration pipeline” to enhance our ability to launch new games quickly.
- Implement user interfaces designed by our UI/UX team.
- Occasionally contribute to other parts of the application as needed.
- Collaborate with a team of 12 front-end and 6 back-end engineers.
- Provide occasional after-hours support for critical issues, with time recompensed at a later date.
What It Takes To Be Successful
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in Elixir, Phoenix, Absynthe, React, and TypeScript.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple technology stacks (Phoenix and React).
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Postgres and Absynthe GraphQL ORM.
- Knowledge of Git for version control.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote or hybrid environment.
Nice To Have
- Experience with AWS and GCP.
What We Offer
- An organization focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged leadership team with expert knowledge of gaming
- Excellent reputation with players, studios, and publishers in the industry
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company
- A performance culture focused on career development and success
Pay and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $180-220k USD + bonus
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- 401k matching
- Company-wide team building events
Salary for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Blitz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.