At Blitz, we’re redefining gaming with a revolutionary software to transform the way that gamers play (check out blitz.gg). Our app helps gamers improve by analyzing real-time data from your gameplay and relaying it back to you in a way that empowers you to level up your skills. At Blitz, our value of empowerment extends to our employees as well with the support we give for our team to advance in their careers.
This is the first Growth position at Blitz. You will be at the intersection of marketing, product, finance and data science. The ideal candidate for this position will be hands-on and independent, but also incredibly effective at collaborating with cross functional partners. They should be data driven, product savvy, curious, and comfortable taking informed risks and testing hypotheses. This role will decide where and how to spend incremental marketing dollars for the most impact.
- Responsible for defining product strategy for search marketing, such as executing automated bidding, building systems for millions of keywords, audience building and landing pages in a profitable manner
- Collaborate with product, engineering and data science partners to build and run experiments and utilize in-house ad technology.
- Partnering with data science, product, engineering and design, lead the ideation and execution of product improvements which can drive growth
- Define use cases which can lead to product changes
- Identify growth opportunities based on data mining and quantitative analysis, and execute on ideas to drive growth, traffic and engagement.
- Understanding the business trends based on data and communicating it in simplified ways with clear actions
- Working with finance to define forecast
- Communicating business trends, experiments results to finance, country managers, stakeholders and executives
- Develop and lead SEM strategy for Web & Desktop on global and regional KPIs.
- Manage performance metrics and budget tracking while sharing learnings cross functionally.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all marketing initiatives, including defining scope of work, negotiating contracts and overseeing overall relationships at the most senior level.
- Report to the CEO and support the continuous improvement on strategy, plans, and processes for the entire Growth Marketing Org.
What It Takes To Be Successful
- 9+ years of Paid Search & Display experience.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, tableau or other programming languages.
- 4+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- Experience successfully managing SEM campaigns against aggressive ROI and growth goals
- Previous work running advertising effectiveness experiments including A/B, geographic and time-based experimentation
- Big, bold thinking with a track record of developing creative/innovative solutions
- Experience working in a global team and collaborating across multiple geographies
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience communicating insights and ideas
- Passion for all things Blitz. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus!
- Humble (doesn’t assume knows everything), curious, learner
- Sees obstacles as challenges, persistent, has “grit”
- Comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Doesn’t leave things to random chance
- Challenges the status quo
- Able to convince others about the value of spending a dollar in their region vs another region
- Understands how all channels work together within the bigger program (email, SEO, other acquisition channels)
- Thinks frameworks/structures/systems
What We Offer
- An organization focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged leadership team with expert knowledge of gaming
- Excellent reputation with players, studios, and publishers in the industry
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company
- A performance culture focused on career development and success
Pay and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $190k-210k USD + bonus
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- 401k matching
- Company-wide team building events
Salary for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Blitz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.