At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
As our BizOps and Strategy Associate, you will help drive mission-critical, cross-functional projects across Blank Street. You are an analytical individual who enjoys creating structure where there is none, tackling problem solving creatively, and working collaboratively to achieve goals. You love working on data-driven strategic initiatives, but also know how to implement new processes and systems. You have an ownership mindset and are comfortable giving/receiving peer feedback.
What you'll own
- Tackle the company’s most relevant strategic projects, with a focus on operational excellence
- Identify business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Help translate strategic recommendations into execution, with a particular focus on where and how recommendations drive value
- Solve complex business problems and build / iterate on the process for a wide range of go-to-market and operational needs
- Perform work to inform key strategic discussions such as product expansion, market expansion, pricing, customer experience, brand positioning, and more
- Execute against time-sensitive requests from the Executive team, and cross-functional business partners
- Work across Operations, Product, Marketing, and Finance to achieve Blank Street’s growth goals
- Extract data using SQL to analyze cross-functional metrics / KPIs identifying actionable insights
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or operations / strategy at a fast-growing startup / fast-paced organization
- SQL knowledge or ability to learn fast
- You have an exceptional ability to draw key insights from both quantitative and qualitative data
- You’re a structured thinker with a natural capacity to distill complex concepts and effectively communicate them to a variety of audiences
- You have a “get things done” mentality; you can dissect problems, identify solutions, and drive these solutions to completion with a high degree of autonomy
- You have a team-first mentality and communication skills that allow you to influence others at all levels and across all functions within the organization to rally behind shared business goals
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Extreme attention to detail
- Able to judge and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Salary range: $100,000-$120,000
- Blank Street, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Our salary ranges are rooted in the desire to pay competitively relative to our organization size and industry, reflecting just one part of the total compensation package. Additional components include equity offering, healthcare benefits, paid time off and various work perks (commuter benefits, free coffee). Details will be discussed during the interview process. Blank Street may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future.
- 3 weeks PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Weekly paychecks
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee