About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re making quality coffee more accessible.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. You will become part of your community’s infrastructure, serving a carefully curated menu, executed with passion and precision.
The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your team to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality products through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts and you can really make a difference. You would be one of the first staff members to work in this location, which means you get the exciting opportunity to set the tone and create lasting connections in the neighbourhood.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work within a world-class coffee program using the best coffee equipment and product in the industry
- Ensures all measures are in place to achieve the correct handling of product to retain its freshness and quality with food and beverage
- Ensure that Barista area is set for success to achieve speed and quality of service
- Participates in developing a loyal neighbourhood customer base by positively engaging with every customer and speaking about the brand
- Ensure that the Barista equipment is well maintained to Blank Street standards
- Follow systems in place to avoid food and beverage wastage
- Own the stock levels of food, beverage and small equipment. Adjust when needed in line with business peaks and lows
- Adhere to all aspects of health & safety and food safety in accordance with Blank Street standards
Who You Are
- Love for cafe culture and people
- If you have coffee related skills that’s great and if not that’s great too as we provide training for anyone that joins our team
- A friendly, open and approachable person who is able to work well with others
- Strong decision-making and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer connections to create a regular customer base
- Able to work at a fast pace in high volume environments
- Be an exemplary ambassador of our brand to new neighbourhoods
We currently hiring Full time only.