About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee. Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team. Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
As our People & Culture Partner, you will partner closely with Blank Street's leaders across the organization to drive strong employee engagement. You will work closely with the Global Director of People, Director of Operations, and General Managers in providing solutions to employee-related matters, while maintaining a balance between being a business partner and an employee champion.
You will be entrusted to drive change across a rapidly-growing and diverse organization. You will develop scalable programs and processes, identify needs or gaps, and implement people solutions to help Blank Street become a best-in-class food and beverage employer. As the People & Culture Partner, you are able to navigate through ambiguity and recognize when it is appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing current business practices. Ultimately, the People & Culture Partner is critical in executing the people strategy, driving business results, and creating an amazing people experience for all Blank Street employees. This role is fully in-person and will require occasional travel in and around NYC and to outer markets.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
- Serve as a trusted people partner for our Field and HQ teams across the East Coast, North America.
- Assist in developing and implementing People Team initiatives that focus on employee retention, engagement, development, recognition, compensation, and talent management.
- Proactively assess employee needs by leveraging people metrics. You’ll be counted on to gather people data, provide insights and recommend appropriate solutions to drive a better employee experience.
- Be the point of contact for employee relations cases. You’ll be responsible for managing and resolving complex employee relations issues that arise with necessary personnel.
- Partner with Learning & Org Development and Operations to work on and support programs in areas of training, development, career mobility, and performance. You’ll collaborate on strategies and approaches to diagnose and enhance company effectiveness.
- Plan and facilitate company-wide events that promote employee engagement, company values, and gathering.
- Educate and partner with the team on critical employee journey touch points including but not limited to — compensation practices, performance management and calibration, promotions, onboarding and training, and offboarding.
- Partner with managers to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that support the growth and maintenance of a business.
- Provide general HR expertise and best practices. The team will come to you as their first point of contact for all things HR.
- Collaborate with the People Team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel inspired to deliver top business results.
- Lead core People processes across the business - Field and HQ.
- $70,000-$120,000 annual salary. Blank Street, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Our salary ranges are rooted in the desire to pay competitively relative to our organization size and industry, reflecting just one part of the total compensation package. Additional components include equity offering, healthcare benefits, paid time off and various work perks (commuter benefits, free coffee). Details will be discussed during the interview process. Blank Street may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off + company holidays
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee