Blank Street is a small-format coffee shop with big dreams. Our mission is to reinvent local commerce to better serve our customers, our neighborhoods, and our planet. We're starting with our own specialty coffee brand built on top of next-generation electric street carts and micro kiosks, while powering our customer experience through mobile ordering. Our vision is to empower local businesses around the world with the same operating tools & technology, making their goods more accessible for people to discover and love. We're rapidly expanding our reach throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan and looking for our first real estate hire to drive new location expansion.
The Real Estate Associate's primary mission is to help us get to 100 locations in NYC as fast as humanly possible. You will work directly with the founders, and gain incredible experience driving the expansion of a fast-growing startup. As Blank Street's first real estate hire you will "own" the pipeline and play an integral role in forming our short & long term real estate strategy.
As one of our first hires, we are looking for someone who is incredibly organized, action-oriented and knows how to take initiative with very little guidance. You will be collaborating closely with every single member of the founding team, while having the freedom and tools to achieve your goals however you see fit.
If you are passionate about building from the ground-up and motivated to continuously learn & grow in your role, Blank Street is for you.
- Support creation and execution of Blank Street’s real estate & growth strategy
- Drive new location pipeline to meet Blank Street’s opening goals
- Develop and manage broker and developer relationships
- Lead LOI and lease negotiations to secure strongest economic and business terms for the company
- Underwrite all potential deals using Blank Street's real estate Pro Forma for RE Committee reviews
- Support Real Estate Committee (internal site selection process) which includes the following - competitor research mapping and analysis
- 3+ years in real estate development, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity
- Experience sourcing, negotiating and underwriting real estate with a data-driven mindset
- Understanding of omnichannel brands and the interplay between technology and the built world
- Exceptionally good communicator
- Competitive salary & equity comp
- Weekly paychecks
- We purchase 10 carbon credits on a project of your choice to offset your personal emissions last year
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee