For you, success in business is about more than profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively impacts society, community, and environment.
We have what you’re looking for. We’re B Lab, and we’re searching for you: our new Account Activation Associate!
Who are we?
Business can be a force for good. B Lab is at the center of the movement to redefine success in business so that all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world.
Leading social enterprises like Patagonia, Laureate, Ben & Jerry’s, Athleta and Danone North America (as well as companies like Bombas, Casper and Amalgamated Bank) are Certified B Corps, which is a designation B Lab created to measure and certify that businesses are making a positive impact across all their stakeholders.
B Lab is seeking an Associate to serve as the engagement lead for strategic segments within the community of Certified B Corporations, including companies with deep impact and those with broad reach for building public engagement. This role will sit on B Lab’s growing US/Canada team to understand company needs and opportunities by segment and build systems to help them leverage certification, inspire them to help build the movement and improve their impact.
Core Job Functions
- Deliver highly relevant resources, connections, and opportunities for strategic segments of Certified B Corporations, in order to drive deeper engagement, satisfaction, and leadership. Including redesigning, refreshing, and creating new resources and opportunities and iterating on our systems and processes.
- Partner with the Business Development team to onboard a pipeline of newly Certified B Corporations in strategic segments, catalyzing deep ongoing engagement and inspiring long term leadership in the community.
- Develop relationships with B Corps leaders in order to foster collaboration between B Corps and keep a pulse on the community, identifying trends, opportunities for partnership and other innovations.
In addition, to support for account management, you will be collaborative with internal B Lab partners including, but not limited to, the following ways:
Partner with the Community Activation and Marketing/Communications teams to leverage the knowledge, innovations, and resources developed for key accounts to improve the customer experience and better support the entire community of Certified B Corporations.
Partner with the Marketing & Communications team to develop resources to encourage all Certified B Corporations to better communicate their certification and build awareness, based on learnings from the relationships you manage
Collaborate with the broader Community Activation team to support overall customer journey improvements and the crafting of events and programs to support various audiences within the community of Certified B Corporations. Inform B Lab's overall community activation strategy based on your in-depth knowledge of companies in the community
Core Skills & Capacities
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Associate level, 2-3 years professional experience (business experience preferred)
- Eager team player, excited to learn from and interact with Certified B Corporations
- Adept at relationship management
- Highly organized
- Process and systems oriented
- Strong written communication skills
- Marketing background preferred
- Moderate design ability (professional slide decks, resource development for key accounts)
- Experience working with underrepresented entrepreneurs including women, people of color, or LGBTQ founders
Annual salary of $38,000-$48,000 (depending on location and experience) plus excellent benefits. In addition to your salary, you’ll also receive medical, vision and dental coverage; 40 hours paid time off for community service; paid parental leave; and professional development support after your first year of employment. In your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks of vacation. This role reports to the Head of Account Management
Want a tip? We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter with your application. Your experience and resume are important, but we’d love to hear from you about why you’re choosing B Lab, and why you’ll be a fit for this role.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.