The Animator will be responsible for creating high-quality motions for characters, creatures, and vehicles through a combination of hand-key and motion capture animation. They will collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring characters and environments to life in a turn-based strategy game set in the Star Wars universe.
- Author motion for gameplay and cinematic scenes using a combination of hand-key and motion capture methods
- Animate cameras for gameplay and cinematic moments
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to animators and rigging artists by participating in animation rounds
- Create and maintain animation graphs to support the implementation of animation assets
- Aid in the organization and maintenance of large libraries of motion
- Support rigging artists in the creation of new rigs and skinning of skeletal meshes
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation
- Multiple shipped games, preferably using Unreal Engine
- Experience using 3D software (Maya and/or Motion builder preferred)
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Strong self-management, organizational, and communication skills
- Eﬀective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.