Role: VP, Data
Reporting to: COO
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced data professional to join a renowned team that is transforming the future of renting. You will play a key role driving business growth by providing strategic & analytic insights, with an emphasis on identifying, monitoring, and optimizing key metrics and customer touchpoints across the company. The ideal candidate has a proven track record developing data-driven product analytics solutions and will work directly with Bilt’s executive team as a key influencer driving growth and market strategy at Bilt.
In this role you will:
- Define and analyze metrics that quantify the performance of Bilt’s product suite in the markets that we serve
- Help develop Bilt’s customer data strategy, identifying what data we collect, when we collect it, and how we model and interpret the data to optimize product decisions
- Assist in development of cross-platform eventing structure to build foundation for all future product analysis
- Define and analyze key events in the customer lifecycle to identify the opportunities most important for growth, product adoption, retention, engagement, and/or monetization for Bilt’s platform
- Be instrumental in growing Bilt’s data function as needed to support the business goals
- Create and maintain dashboards communicating KPI’s and other analytics to an executive audience
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 6+ years of experience in data and/or product analytics, or a related field
- 6+ years experience working collaboratively with product and business development team members including product managers, software engineers, marketing associates, and data scientists, etc.
- Experience sourcing, modeling and analyzing both structured and unstructured data using tools like SQL, Python, Airflow, and Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse technologies for large scale data administration and compute such as BigQuery, Redshift and Snowflake
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline such as applied statistics or equivalent experience preferred (e.g. hypothesis testing, product and feature experimentation, statistical modeling, and machine learning)
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage deadlines
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a VP of Data is 180 - 225K and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.