Who we are:
BigID is a data intelligence platform for data privacy, security and governance. We're leading innovation in all things data: with new, modern, and ML-driven solutions to age old problems - helping customers drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
Headquartered in New York City with a worldwide presence, we are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for its data intelligence innovation as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, named to the 2021 Forbes Cloud 100, #19 on the 2021 Inc 5000 (the list of fastest growing private companies in America), and an RSA Innovation Sandbox winner.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We are looking for a skilled Solutions Engineer with programming knowledge looking to join a fast-paced, and high-energy escalations team. Working on resolving customer issues, designing large complex deployments, improving the products and training other tiers. Successful candidates will need to be very detail oriented and organized and have excellent organizational and communication skills. They will need to be able to manage multiple, high priority issues simultaneously and effectively lead a remote team to resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshooting complex software modules, working from written and oral issues as described by the technical support organization, sales organization, account managers and customers themselves.
- Owning internal and external customer calls to provide technical insight into the issue experienced by the customer, and provide fixes and workarounds to alleviate field issues.
- Playing a key role in feature design activities and to have in depth understanding of features.
- Develop and modify modules as part of implementing workarounds for issues or as a professional services enhancement.
- Work with QA and development teams to recommend resolutions, provide insights and make sure issues fixes are being properly implemented into the products.
- Actively partake in tech support training sessions, compiling materials and delivering them to other tiers.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong troubleshooting skills and methodological approach.
- Previous experience with customers (working directly and on-site visits).
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated experience in writing code projects with Python and Java – major advantage
- Experience working with various data bases and with MongoDB – an advantage
- Knowledge in networking protocols and technologies: HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, DNS, network components.
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container orchestration technologies – an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge in working with Linux environments – installing, configuring networking, writing bash scripts, and more.
- Prior experience working in a commercial development environment: formal QA, best practices for development, schedules, processes, defect queues, code management, build environments.
- IT experience (large organizations – advantage).
What’s in it for you?
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Open vacation policy - take it when you need it
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k - that go into effect your first day
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do,Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
Diversity & Inclusion: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Come as you are.