BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Capital One, Deloitte, and Logitech.
BetterUp is looking for a Product Designer to join our team to design and build product experiences that enable professional coaching at scale. Our mobile-first product connects coaches with individuals, creating powerful relationships to drive behavior change and transform a new generation of leaders.
We are a team that collaborates tightly, ships quickly, and has fun. Our small and focused team cares deeply about crafting the highest quality product experiences, and each team member has a profound impact on the vision and direction of what we deliver. And, although we take our responsibility seriously and stay focused on delivering and iterating quickly, we always take the time to laugh, take a pause and enjoy our work and each other.
We are headquartered in San Francisco with the majority of our design and engineering team distributed across the country. Our collaborative approach to product development helps establish a highly connected and high performing environment.
This is a full-time, salaried position available on-site at our San Francisco office, or remote. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
You will craft transformational user experiences by owning the end-to-end design deliverables on projects for a variety of our cross-platform products. You will have the opportunity to shape the direction of our UX framework and UI patterns as we grow into our brand identity. You will take risks and push design boundaries.
You will partner tightly with product and engineering to validate your designs, collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes.
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- Previous experience as a senior level Product Designer
- Experience leading the end to end design process
- Contributed as the primary designer on at least one product design cycle (bonus for apps pushed to App store, Google Play store)
- Deep knowledge of UX/UI patterns
- Strong grasp of animations, illustrations, iconography
- Solid understanding of product design and development life cycle
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates depth of skill in both UX and UI
- Practical experience working with remote teams
- Passionate about our mission to "help every professional pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion"
- Naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what's possible
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.