It doesn't happen very often to have the opportunity to open your favourite IDE and click "File -> New project", but this is exactly what is going to happen at Secret Escapes! Our Android app is going to be used by hundreds of thousands of users from the start, inspiring them to escape and producing a huge impact on our product.
The iOS project started less than a year ago and it has been built using the latest technologies. Entirely written in Swift, with a codebase based on reactive programming, it interacts with a GraphQL node and integrates services like Brach, Braze, Firebase, etc.
- Create a new project from scratch and have complete ownership on it, designing the architecture and developing the codebase keeping in mind its scalability, for both the size of the team and the implementation of the new upcoming features.
- Ensure that the code is compliant with the latest design patterns, best practices, and testability
- Lead the Android project and help other developers to raise the overall skill and the quality of the team
- Willing to work in a data-driven environment along with the rest of the scrum team
- Passion for writing well-structured, clean, testable and readable code
- Deep knowledge of Kotlin
- Good software engineering knowledge & skills: clean architecture patterns, design patterns, and SOLID design principles
- Having worked with Agile principles and methodologies
And you are…
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference
- You have a continuous improvement mindset. You appreciate that there are always ways to do things better and ensure your team does too
- You are solution-focused with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- You can prioritise tasks and work independently
- You're a team player!
Things you should know
We are a geographically distributed team with people working in London, Berlin, Bristol, Poland, Macedonia, Spain, Ukraine so you will likely be working daily with some remote people. Between all of us, we speak more than 10 languages!
In our offices, we have opportunities to socialise and have fun as we play pool, darts and other games which we take full advantage of!
Every two weeks we have one day that we can spend on innovation and experimenting with ideas that would improve our business, customer experience and make our lives better while learning new concepts and technologies. Also, we organise ourselves in Communities of Practice to discuss and champion subjects of interest such as technical architecture, process or user research.
The company appreciates the value of the technical team and offers a generous training budget that we can spend on training classes, conferences, books, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.