The Key Account Manager is equal parts relationship management, sales, and client satisfaction. You will be responsible for owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts across the DACH region. We believe that keeping our existing customers is just as important as acquiring new ones. This role will manage an assigned set of customers with a focus on maintaining and growing renewal rates and establishing relationships with a focus on retention and identification of upsell opportunities. You will work with the Sales and Customer Success teams to identify growth opportunities and provide insights that improve future outcomes. You not only ensure our customers are set up for success, but also maximise the total revenue.
Your ability to clearly articulate our value proposition, sustain and renew subscriptions, resolve customer issues/problems, and effectively manage your time will be well rewarded.
What you will do
- Own a portfolio of selected Enterprise Accounts across DACH to retain, renew and grow
- Own the renewals process:
- Collaborate with internal resources (Customer Success, Account Executives, Sales Ops…) to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies for renewals
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies for medium and large account renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure
- Develop innovative ways to retain escalated clients and provide them with viable renewal options, including but not limited to negotiating pricing and/or contract duration
- Responsible for creation of renewal order forms and proposals
- Build a network of Beekeeper champions across your accounts, across locations and functions and identify new opportunities for Upsell and Cross-sell to increase revenues
- Work closely with Customer Success Teams and customer champions to identify use cases, drive activation and innovations to integrate in our product roadmap and make Beekeeper more successful within the account.
- Leverage Salesforce to maintain an accurate pipeline and forecast
What we look for in you
- At least 3 years experience in a Enterprise Key Account Management role in the DACH region
- Working experience in a technology or SaaS company
- Proven track record of constant growing customer portfolio in the DACH region
- Strong sense of curiosity with a positive attitude and passion for learning and helping others
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze data to address customer situations
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and critical client information
- Self-starter, eager to learn and not afraid to seek out expertise of others around you to adapt and perfect your work. Flexibility to work independently and within a team environment
- Knowledge of market research and negotiating principles
- German fluent, English at proficiency level
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a high growth company
- Other European language at professional proficiency e.g. French, Spanish or Dutch
Who we are
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We put all company communications and tools in one place, empowering frontline employees to be more agile, productive, and create a safer workplace.
We are based in Zurich and Oakland with additional offices in Berlin and Krakow. These locations support users in more than 130 countries.
To check out of Perks and Benefits, please see our FAQ page