As the Tech Lead of the Core Platform team, you are both a software developer and the liaison between the product manager and the engineers you lead. You guide the technical and professional development of your team of expert engineers, helping them build high-quality software with a strong focus on scalability and usability, while aiding them in building their careers. You make technical decisions and support the team, ensuring that everyone executes to the best of their ability.
The Core Platform team develops new features for our core services, impacting both our customers and other teams at Beekeeper. We work primarily in Java, although we are open to whichever language or tool is the best choice for the task at hand. Our infrastructure runs on AWS, and we manage our microservices through tools such as Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins.
Your ultimate mission is to make the Beekeeper app as relevant to as many non-desk employees as possible.
- Manage a team of 5 engineers (this includes areas such as onboarding, and technical & professional development)
- Take ownership of the team’s domain and technical processes
- Together with the Product Manager, commit to an achievable swarm roadmap at the beginning of every quarter
- Manage swarm priorities and project timelines through sprint planning sessions, retrospectives, and other agile ceremonies
- Garner support for roadmap deliverables and remove obstacles for the team by working across swarms and functions such as Product Management, Design, Marketing and QA
- Architect large-scale software systems and guide the trajectory of the swarm's current technology stack
- Report within the team and between teams, managing stakeholders and acting as a buffer between business and development, to ensure the greatest impact of the team is achieved.
- Act as an escalation point for high-impact production issues, ensuring that all stakeholders are kept informed and up-to-date with progress and/or resolution.
What we look for in you
- A Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Ability and passion for mentorship
- Expert Java programming skills
- 6+ years of experience building complex software systems
- Ability to architect high-quality systems which are scalable and easy to maintain
- A strong focus on user interactions
- A passion for computer systems and technology
- Experience with cloud-based systems
- Practical experience with Python
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We put all company communications and tools in one place, empowering frontline employees to be more agile, productive, and create a safer workplace.
We are based in Zurich and Oakland with additional offices in Berlin and Krakow. These locations support users in more than 130 countries.
To check out of Perks and Benefits, please see our FAQ page