As a junior developer, there's lot of opportunities for you right now. So, why should you come and work with us, a company you probably haven’t heard of? We think it boils down to 5 main reasons (read more about these on our dedicated notion page):
- Diverse technical challenges
- A modern, battle-tested tech stack (Python/Django/vue.js/Postgres/AWS)
- Relaxed working patterns
- Great team culture
- Lots of opportunity to grow
Sounds interesting? Read on...
🙆♀️ About us
We’re a market leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK. We’re at a pretty exciting stage right now—we’ve built a profitable, high-growth business, with 120+ employees and an enviable client list. But we’re not done yet. We’re on a mission to become a global data company that helps every organisation discover and work better with ambitious, high-growth companies.
🥖 The role
Our product engineering team works in tightly-knit squads that deliver a mixture of quick wins and larger scale updates. We need a great software engineer to help us deliver new and improved ways of accessing, storing, analysing, and presenting our data to make our product better than ever before – and ultimately drive our commercial success as a business.
Day-to-day your responsibilities might include:
🏆 Delivering quick wins: making quick improvements to the platform so we can make our users' work just a little bit easier
💭 Feature creation: building APIs to expose new datasets and creating new frontend components for features as we add them to the platform
👫 Working with the Product team: helping product managers and designers turn their ideas into reality, whilst prioritising usability and performance
Examples of the kind of projects could you be working on:
- Working with our product team to make our current features like ‘Collections of companies’ & ‘People you know’ on the platform easier to find and use
- Integrating the machine learning models we've built in-house to allow semantic search for companies
- Handling performance & usability issues and helping to upgrade our tools to work with the data we have on the 10 million+ registered companies in the UK
👉 About you
There is no one size fits all for this role, but we’d expect you have at least 1 year of experience working as a software engineer (can be personal/open source projects, but of reasonable complexity, and activity).
Technical must haves:
Great too (but not essential)
- Understanding of some of the following: Django Rest Framework, PostgreSQL, Celery, Docker, NGINX, AWS, git or github.
Also, ideally you’ll be:
- Detail-oriented – You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail, and know how to apply feedback to your work
- Independent & proactive – You should be happy to take on small projects and run with them, but also know when to ask for a helping hand!
- Natural problem-solver – You love getting deep into a problem & working hard to find the solution.
🕊️ Our offer
We're offering a competitive starting salary.
On top of this, we invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get:
🎓 Professional development: Ongoing training and development, and free books
🍰 A stake in the company: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth that you help create
💻 The latest tech: We’ll provide you with all the tech you need to be productive (including a Mac!), whether you’re in the office or working from home
🌲 Health and wellness: Free counselling, wellbeing baskets, and healthy snacks
🎉 Events: Drinks every Friday, interesting talks from industry experts, company-wide parties and away days, plus regular team socials
🚄 Subsidised travel: Rail season ticket loan, free railcards, and a cycle to work scheme
If you want to read more about our benefits, our company culture, or our hybrid working policy, please check out these pages.