As a junior developer, there's lot of opportunities for you right now. So, why should you come and work with us, a company you probably haven’t heard of? We think it boils down to 5 main reasons (read more about these on our dedicated notion page):
- Diverse technical challenges
- A modern, battle-tested tech stack (Python/Django/vue.js/Postgres/AWS)
- Relaxed working patterns
- Great team culture
- Lots of opportunity to grow
Sounds interesting? Read on...
🙆♀️ About us
We’re a market leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK. We’re at a pretty exciting stage right now—we’ve built a profitable, high-growth business, with 120+ employees and an enviable client list. But we’re not done yet. We’re on a mission to become a global data company that helps every organisation discover and work better with ambitious, high-growth companies.
🥖 The role
Our Machine Learning team is expanding into three key areas:  enabling us to significantly expand the depth and breadth of our data,  empowering our Data Team to handle this expansion, and  building tools that help our customers make better data-driven decisions.
Day-to-day your responsibilities might include:
🔬 Research & Evaluation: Understand the specifics of a business requirement and assess whether it could be improved by a data product or machine learning solution
💭 Develop Proofs of Concept: Start with a problem, investigate possible solutions, and create a proof of concept to assess whether it can be solved with the resource we have
💻 Production & Development: craft a data product, machine learning model or algorithm that can be put to use with the rest of our platform; then maintain and document it
🧐 Monitor: Ensure that the production systems are continuously delivering value accurately and efficiently
👫 Communicate and Mentor: Share findings, ideas, risks, successes, and failures with colleagues with a variety of technical skills levels
👉 About you
There is no one size fits all for this role, but we’d expect you have at least 6 months plus experience with programming preferably Python. This could be at university or in the work place. You could be any of the following:
Technical must haves:
- Experience with both backend (such as Python, Ruby, PHP, node, etc.)
Great to (but not essential)
- Understanding of some of the following: Django Rest Framework, PostgreSQL, Celery, Docker, NGINX, AWS, git or github.
Ideally you’ll be:
- Curious & self-motivated – you like to learn new skills independently, and apply them to your work. You care about the methodologies, tooling, and technology in machine learning and data science.
- Creative – you think of innovative, unusual, smart, efficient ways of tackling data problems. You’re able to connect information from multiple sources or disciplines to come up with ideas on how to solve them.
- Empathetic – You get into the shoes of the person experiencing a problem that you might be able to solve, and use that to communicate to them effectively.
🕊️ Our offer
We're offering a competitive starting salary.
On top of this, we invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get:
🎓 Professional development: Ongoing training and development, and free books
🍰 A stake in the company: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth that you help create
💻 The latest tech: We’ll provide you with all the tech you need to be productive (including a Mac!), whether you’re in the office or working from home
🌲 Health and wellness: Free counselling, wellbeing baskets, and healthy snacks
🎉 Events: Drinks every Friday, interesting talks from industry experts, company-wide parties and away days, plus regular team socials
🚄 Subsidised travel: Rail season ticket loan, free railcards, and a cycle to work scheme
If you want to read more about our benefits, our company culture, or our hybrid working policy, please check out these pages.