We’re looking for an ambitious Recruiter/Talent Manager to take control of our recruitment strategy as we go through the next stage of our growth. Our current hiring process got us from 55 to 90 people, but the next step (200+) requires a much more sophisticated strategy. For you, this is a chance to own our Talent function, build out a small team underneath you and get stuck into a huge variety of projects from improving our employer brand, conducting interview training, and anything else you think would work!
If you’re excited to step into a role where you can make a recruitment strategy yours, then read on!
We’re a market leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Babylon!). Not only are we looking to expand our London office, we are also looking to triple (yes, triple!) the size of our Nottingham office over the next two years & potentially expand into other locations in due course.
Recruitment is currently spread between a few different people in Operations but with this level of growth, we need to formalise it. For you this means looking at the entire recruitment and on-boarding process and delivering a range of projects that continue to improve different parts of it. You’ll also get to manage two people to help you do this (no line management experience is required though!).
Alongside this, your main responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Designing strategy: running and improving our end-to-end recruitment process, from sourcing and interviewing to on-boarding new joiners
- Coaching and collaborating: working very closely with every team to help them hire well, providing advice and conducting training where necessary
- Recruitment brand: boosting our employer brand through employer awards, marketing and partnering with good recruiters
- Conducting interviews: ensuring that all interviews are done well, that interviewers are properly prepared and trained, and meeting everyone who joins the team (at some point!)
- Data analysis and reporting: using hiring data to spot trends and inefficiencies & producing high quality weekly/monthly/quarterly hiring reports to give to team leaders that identify any potential issues
- Onboarding: overseeing and developing onboarding processes that means every new joiner feels warmly welcomed, gets up to speed, and becomes a successful member of the team as quickly as possible.
We're offering a competitive starting package depending on experience.
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get:
- Training: structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: coaching, counselling and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Books: you can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
There's no one size fits all with this, but you'll preferably have anywhere between 2 and 6 years' experience in some form of recruitment (including some time in-house) or Talent function.
Plus ideally, you’ll be:
- Success driven: you are driven by hiring goals and keen to hire quickly and effectively
- Emotionally intelligent: you love getting to know people, asking lots of questions and find it easy to put candidates at ease and assess whether they’re a good fit for a role
- Ambitious: you’re looking for the next step up, more responsibility and the chance to have an impact!
We are the market-leader for tracking the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our data platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with start-ups and scale-ups all over the country.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful culture. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Get more of a taste of what we're like to work with here
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- Answers to the questions below