We’re looking for someone exceptional to head up our People function, building out their own team almost entirely from scratch and using their ambition to shape every area of ‘people’. We’re undergoing a period of rapid expansion and have big plans for the next few years. We value our people and culture extremely highly, and need someone to help implement a range of new ideas & projects to maintain this as we expand into exciting new verticals.
It’s a bit weird having two job titles in one job ad, right? But this is such an important role for us that we want to cast our net wide to find the perfect person. We’re also big believers in growing people internally. Whether you’ve demonstrated your ability to lead in these areas in previous roles, or simply have the strong ambition and drive to take on this exciting and innovative role, we want to hear from you!
We’re growing quickly: by the end of next year we’ll be pushing 100 full-time employees, and we won’t be stopping there. You’ll be absolutely vital in helping us to manage this increased scale and complexity, whilst maintaining and improving our fantastic culture.
Alongside an initial team of two, with the opportunity to build this team out further, you’ll own the full spectrum of People/HR functions, including (but not limited to!):
- Recruitment & onboarding – We’re looking to double the team in the next few years. You’ll be vital in coaching our Senior Talent Associate, helping her to build better hiring processes and get new joiners up to speed rapidly.
- Training & development – There is a huge amount to do here! You’ll be responsible for introducing personalised training programmes and progression plans that upskill our entire workforce, ready for the next stage in our companies’ development.
- Culture & environment – Making sure Beauhurst remains a collaborative and welcoming workplace where everyone can suggest new ideas, organise their own work, and - most importantly - have fun while they’re at it! This will include managing our physical spaces and kitting out our new offices in London and Nottingham.
- Compensation and benefits – Reviewing and maintaining our compensation & benefit packages, suggesting alternatives where necessary, and staying on top of changing markets as we grow.
- Reactive HR issues – Advising and supporting people around the company as and when personnel issues arise, helping smoothly guide difficult situations through to fair conclusions.
As well as lovely colleagues and a competitive salary, we put a lot of emphasis on our people’s wellbeing and development. As part of this, you’ll also get:
- Options: A stake in the company, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Wellbeing: Access to our coaches & counsellors whenever you need
- Training: Structured onboarding, regular training & a personal learning and development budget
- Socials: Drinks in the office, company away days and regular virtual and in-person events
- Talks: An array of interesting speakers in the office and on Zoom
- Books: Order any relevant books you like and come along to our regular book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that we’re looking for. ‘Head of People’ could be someone who is already a team lead looking for a much faster pace/change of scene or ‘Senior People Manager’ could be someone who hasn’t quite had that experience but has lots of ambition and would be ready to step into that ‘Head of’ role in due course.
As well as some demonstrated experience in the areas detailed above, you must as a minimum have:
- Experience working within a rapidly growing company, ideally one larger and more mature than we are at the moment
- Experience across generalist HR including: L&D, developing culture, compensation, and dealing with complex/sensitive issues
- Evidence of the positive impacts you’ve previously delivered from within the people function
- Experience line-managing a team
On the personal side, you’ll ideally be:
- A big ‘people person’ - you love meeting new people and find it easy to warm to everyone that you work with
- Ambitious - you’re excited by the opportunity to build out a team and play a key part in company growth, as well as constantly looking to develop yourself personally
- Considered - you think about the implications of various projects and are able to step back and prioritise before making decisions, rather than taking an ‘all guns blazing’ approach
- Empowering - you trust your direct reports to have ownership over their own roles and inspire them to develop and grow.
- Diplomatic - you have experience diffusing difficult conversations and are good at balancing a room full of differing personalities and perspectives
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform helps 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want this role and what you like about Beauhurst specifically
- Answers to a couple of screening Qs below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.