Are you a diligent and detail-oriented individual looking for a flexible, part time opportunity?
We’re looking for highly autonomous and conscientious people to join us on a short-term project running until early summer 2021. In this role, you’ll be conducting research on the UK’s most exciting companies and contributing your findings to our innovative data platform.
Your research will be used to help high profile clients in government and the private sector – BEIS and BGF to name a couple – to make investments, fuel growth and job creation, and understand the most exciting parts of the UK’s economy!
To manage this, we’re looking for extremely detail-oriented, process-driven people to ensure that the information on our platform remains highly accurate and up to date. Think you have what it takes? Then read on!
Historically, data on the most exciting companies in the UK has been severely lacking. We believe that great data makes for much better decision making, so have built a powerful tool to track every high-growth company in the UK from ‘seed’ through to ‘established’.
As an ambitious company ourselves, we are constantly evolving to meet the needs of the changing world. Most recently, our data has helped government bodies, investors and advisors understand Covid-19’s impact on businesses, helping to direct support where it is needed most.
However, the real key to our success is our amazing team. We’re a wonderfully diverse group with a huge mix of individual interests and quirks (which we encourage everyone to bring to work!). Everyone here is extremely passionate about what they do, driven to challenge themselves, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, has fun whilst doing it!
In this flexible role, you’ll be working hours that suit you and be primarily responsible for managing your own work and admin (tax, timesheet etc) once we’ve gotten you up to speed.
Don’t worry though - we’ll give you proper training to equip you with everything you need beforehand, as well as supporting you as you get up to speed.
You’ll be placed on a specific part of the project once starting with us, but your responsibilities are likely to include some (but not all) of the following:
- Seeking out and identifying high-growth and ambitious companies
- Conducting online research to deduce what the companies do and writing short descriptions to summarise this
- Figuring out the types of customers they target
- Investigating and collecting details about the investments and acquisitions companies have completed
- BBB or above (or equivalent) at A level
- Good written communication, including excellent grammar and spelling
- Available to do a minimum of 20 hours per week of work
- Happy to manage your own tax and national insurance
- Based within the UK
- Competitive pre-tax rate of £10.25 p/hr
- Flexibility on working hours after the initial training period
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want this role and why you’d be great at it and also answer the following questions.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.