Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 (DOE)
Start Date: February/March
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and intelligent self-starter to join us in helping to use data & reporting to drive strategic decision making throughout the company. We’ve got a new team with big plans, and we’re searching for our first dedicated finance operations hire. This is a broad role, covering all things finance, with exposure to the whole company. And as clichéd as it might sound, this is an exciting opportunity to have impact in a whole host of different areas - you’ll be driving real change from day 1.
As a high-growth company, we have BIG ambitions to accelerate this growth further, adding new features to our product, reaching out to brand new markets & getting our data into the hands of everyone who needs it.
To help support this, we’re looking for an enthusiastic Financial Ops Analyst to join the team - this is a unique opportunity to be one of the first to join a growing team right in the centre hub of a scaling company.
You’ll be crucial in helping the leadership team to make strategic, well-informed decisions on everything from our hiring, to product development, all the way through to expansion plans. You’ll also be central in developing & introducing new systems & processes - we’re both growing and growing-up as a company, and you’ll have the chance to formalise certain areas that will become part of Beauhurst's DNA for years to come!
- Tracking - Making sure that we have all the raw data we need at our fingertips, and that it’s usable and useful.
- Reporting - What does that data say and mean? There are the regular reporting requirements on everything from team and project budgeting, commercial achievements around invoicing and new business, to cash positions.
- Projecting - Modelling out into the future is key to making good decisions today. You’ll be helping us to picture and consider future positions.
- Thinking - What should we be doing but aren’t? How can we be better? What if xyz… ?
- Testing: Actively finding ways to improve your own process as well as suggesting ways to improve the efficiency of the wider team
- Helping with strategy: Inputting into longer term strategic thinking - both from a finance perspective and the company as a whole
The ideal candidate
You should be a University Graduate with strong academics and a year or two of relevant experience.
Whether you’ve spent time in the operations / finance team of a high growth company, or you’re looking to jump across from a more corporate financial role... if you’re driven & a quick learner we’ll get you up to speed in no time!
You must have:
- At least 1 year of relevant experience (such as the finance team of a high growth company or a corporate role within finance)
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills (highly capable using Excel / Google Sheets)
- An understanding of how a company thinks about financials
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who is;
- Organised - you’re confident organising your own time and do so in a practical, efficient manner
- Interested - you enjoy getting under the hood of something (like a company), and like to ask why
- Detail oriented - you’re excellent at picking up on the key details
- A self starter - you like to proactively think for yourself and figure things out
- Flexible - you take things as they come, and are willing to get stuck in!
In return, we're offering a salary of £24,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy, so as well as that you'll also get;
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create!
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling and a supportive environment
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping professionals across 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
From Government to Wealth Management, Investment Banks to Recruiters, our platform offers a wealth of use cases - fuelling innovation, supporting government policy making and connecting the right people together. We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and have exciting plans to continue on this path, including dramatically increasing our headcount in the next 9 months, launching additional products that use our data and potentially expanding internationally.
Our real key to success is our amazing team. Based in the heart of Brixton, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to shape our business. We’re passionate about what we do, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, have fun whilst doing it!
To apply, please submit;
- Your CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want to work for Beauhurst and why this role in particular
- Answers to a few short questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.