We’re looking for a talented Head of Product to supercharge our platform. You will play a crucial part in accelerating our company’s growth, taking ownership of our product strategy, significantly expanding the product team and ensuring product is placed front and centre of company decisions. Your work will drive real, visible commercial benefits for us and our subscribers – and, ultimately, bring broader benefits to high-growth companies across the UK economy.
If this sounds interesting, then read on...
Somehow, we’ve managed to get through the last few years with a small product team and our CEO acting as a (very unqualified) “Head of Product”. As we continue to grow at pace, this just isn’t sustainable any more! It’s time for us to build out a full Product function – and we’re looking for an ambitious Head of Product to take on that challenge.
Reporting directly to our CEO, you’ll take over our existing product team of two and set about building out a full team capable of supporting our rapidly growing Development function. You’ll improve existing structures and introduce new tools and processes, working closely with other senior staff around the company to ensure these all run smoothly.
Even more importantly, you’ll take ownership of the future of our platform. We’re very encouraging of feedback and new feature ideas – between our team and our subscribers we’ve currently got a backlog of over 300 features we’d like to add to the platform. What’s missing is a long-term, coherent, product strategy that delivers on our company mission.
In developing and owning this you will need to keep up this inflow of excellent ideas – and generate more by working proactively with the team on identifying what’s missing. You’ll need to listen to sometimes competing voices from across the company and beyond, becoming an expert in the industries we sell to. And you’ll need to ensure that your work aligns with – and influences – our company strategy.
Indeed, this last point is crucial: our platform is our company. We all take great pride in the product. You will be taking on responsibility for putting product at the heart of company decision making and ensuring that what we build – and how we build it – delivers commercial success for us and our clients.
The ideal candidate
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that we’re looking for, but you should broadly be able to:
- Demonstrate previous ownership of a product strategy / roadmap
- Show clear, commercial impact from your previous work
- Demonstrate experience in working with a complex platform/product with multiple features and use cases
- Prove previous success building and leading a team
- Show experience of working collaboratively with a senior team
You should also be…
- Naturally inquisitive: you’re interested in working on a product that is multi-faceted and requires complex knowledge about a lot of markets and use cases. You’re excited by the opportunity to absorb a lot of information across many verticals.
- Both big picture and detail orientated: you’re a strategic thinker and enjoy long-term planning, but care strongly about the quality of implementation when working day-to-day.
- Diplomatic: you are good at explaining the rationale behind your ideas/suggestions and considering the merits of different opinions.
- Excellent at communication: you inspire others, build great relationships with your colleagues and can express your ideas convincingly to a wide range of people.
- Reactive and flexible: you don’t need a super streamlined process to motivate you, and you enjoy the fast-pace of a rapidly evolving company/team.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer our people:
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Access to professional coaches and counsellors
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping professionals across 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
From Government to Wealth Management, Investment Banks to Recruiters, our platform offers a wealth of use cases - fuelling innovation, supporting policy making and connecting the right people together. We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and have exciting plans to continue on this path, including significantly increasing our headcount in 2021, launching additional products that use our data, and potentially expanding internationally.
Aside from the product, our key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of Nottingham city centre, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business. We’re passionate about what we do, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, have fun whilst doing it!
Ticking all the boxes? We’d love to hear from you!
- Your CV
- A very brief cover letter that explains what you like about this role AND our company
- Answers to a couple of very simple screening questions
* Please note: Applications with a generic/no cover letter will be automatically rejected*