You’ll be great if you:
- Love data and like to research complicated events and subjects
- Are interested in innovative, high-growth companies
- Learn quickly and have the confidence to make independent, educated judgement calls
- Have a great personality and a sense of humour
- Are diligent and meticulous
We are the leading source of market intelligence on ambitious and high-growth businesses in the UK. These companies are changing the shape of the UK economy – driving innovation, new technologies, and jobs growth. This means that everyone wants to be involved with them – from professional service firms looking to advise them, funders wanting to invest in them, through to the government seeking to better understand and support them. The problem is that – aside from Beauhurst – there just isn’t any good data on these businesses.
The Beauhurst platform is the only way to understand the whole UK high-growth ecosystem. It allows our clients to discover companies through best-in-class search functionality; to track them with customisable alerts; and to fully understand them and the surrounding high-growth ecosystem with a suite of stats. All of which is why we have such a wide range of high-profile clients, including KPMG, Reuters, London Stock Exchange Group, HM Treasury, and Barclays.
As you’d expect, our people have a wide range of skills. In our client facing teams we have Marketers, Salespeople, Account Managers and Research Consultants, who get our product and services in front of everyone who should know about it; and make sure our subscribers get the best possible service. And then we have our Product, Data and Development teams, who constantly drive our data and our product forward.
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity to become a Data Curator and learn about the UK’s most ambitious companies and the ecosystem that supports them – all while working with a small, friendly team in the centre of Nottingham.
You’ll be entrusted with populating Beauhurst with high quality data for clients in finance, government and academia to name a few. These clients use our data to gain insights about the most transformative elements of the UK’s economy and make important decisions such as:
- Which investors to approach and companies to fund
- What world-beating technologies should the UK develop
- What companies to partner with and research new innovations
For this varied and challenging role, we’ll give you training on:
- How to identify and profile ambitious companies who aim to be the best in their fields through rapid growth and cutting edge innovation
- What companies funds, investors and accelerators are backing and why
- What company/funder/university websites, social media, financial documents and official reports to comb through to get the right information
Skills & experience
You’ll have a degree in any subject – our team have a wide range of backgrounds and you don’t need expertise in finance or business, as we’ll teach you everything you need to know. We want candidates who:
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Learn quickly and can make educated judgement calls based on data
This is not a data science role, so coding experience and skills are a bonus but absolutely not essential.
Salary: £18k p/a
As well as that we offer:
- Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a fun, quirky and intelligent team, committed to seeking and supporting personal development
- Nottingham city centre office – with great pubs, restaurants and travel connections
- Flexible hours
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events and free lunches
- Matched Pension
- Substantial Share Options scheme so you can share in the company growth that you contribute to
- Company events - both with the Nottingham and London offices
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want this role and why you'd be great at it.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.