Main purpose of the job:
Creating high quality, professional short form video content, working from varied creative and technical briefs. Everyday tasks will include: designing, creating and animating 2D (and 3D) motion graphics, encoding and rendering – and managing onsite and offsite teams in delivering creative and engaging content. Crucially the roll will involve leading motion design teams in collaborating with creative, commercial and editorial teams, working on some of the UK's biggest and most exciting media brands.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Post Producer, the Motion Graphics Editor will be used to responding well to creative briefs and receiving regular constructive feedback on their work. They have experience of working alongside other animators and creatives, with solid experience of working effectively within a team. They’ll be just as happy creating concepts and brainstorming ideas for projects, as they are following well-defined plans for their work. Excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential for this position, the right candidate will be extremely passionate and highly motivated to fulfil briefs to the best of their ability.
- Prepare storyboards, concept and layout for motion graphic project.;
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables
- Participate in creative sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Lead animation teams.
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc for graphic design.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics and effects, including 3D, 360, VR and Augmented Reality.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
Competencies (Core and Technical)
- Should be degree educated with a strong qualification in film and video or related multimedia field.
- Sill have previous experience of filming and editing a range of digital video content to an exemplary standard with two years proven experience working for a studio, agency or independently for clients.
- A complete genius in the use of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and experiences in the use of industry standard plug-ins.
- Have basic audio editing capabilities. You will understand audio workflows and ideally have experience of working with audio professionals. A keen interest in motion graphics and an eye for the latest trends in typography and ident styles is also required.
- A strong self starter, will be confident and experienced in planning, designing and editing animated material and have an ability to effectively troubleshoot practical and technical problems associated with video production.
- Will naturally have a high attention to detail and an excellent eye for creating quality visuals. As well as being highly creative, a strong technical understanding of effective video workflows and file specifications will be required.
- Should have superb communication skills both written and verbal, and be comfortable presenting and explaining in detail your ideas to internal and external clients.