1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for a Director of Channel Partnerships to join our growing sales teams. Read more about Axios HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: The Director of Channel Partnerships will help create a channel partner program and develop strong relationships with Communications and PR firms and agencies to demonstrate the value of HQ.
Go Deeper: This role will own the creation and execution of a channel partner strategy and work to create strong partnerships to reach HQ’s commercial goals. You'll be asked to:
- Contribute to and manage lead generation strategy to reach commercial goals
- Build channel partnerships strategy by identifying target partners that can effectively integrate, promote, and refer Axios HQ.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of prospective partners, coordinating outreach, facilitating contract negotiations, and converting into partners and/or clients.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal sales, account management, and marketing teams to ensure channel partnerships are supported with assets, collateral, and training.
- Understand the unique problems and challenges of partners and identify ways that Axios HQ can be positioned as a solution.
- Identify potential partner firms and establish/foster relationships that drive incremental value for Axios HQ and refer meaningful opportunities to the sales team.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience in developing and executing a channel partnership strategy for a B2B SaaS product
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding revenue targets
- Strong desire to build strong long-lasting relationships with Agencies, Communications PR and Brand Strategy organizations, Consultancies, Services Groups and
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Don’t forget: Axios employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.