Location: San Francisco, CA (open to other locations!)
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
As an Actuary on the Pricing team, you will be working under the risk function with talented team members in modeling, risk analytics, decision engine, insurance and tech product. You will report to the Actuarial Pricing Manager and lead projects to deliver pricing initiatives and strategies. Your work directly contributes to At-Bay’s risk assessment framework that helps with data-driven decisions involving millions of dollars of exposure. This is a multidisciplinary role that includes developing deep cyber and tech knowledge, business acumen, research, and analytical skills. This is also a hands-on operational role where you’ll see in house submission, quotes and binds and understand how each risk decision will impact on the business.
- Lead a wide variety of pricing projects from inception to implementation, including existing rate plan updates and new product launches
- Develop and improve rate indication, including trending and adjusting premiums, losses and expenses, using appropriate statistical model and actuarial techniques
- Identify, advise and execute pricing initiatives to achieve functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance, and present proposed initiatives to senior management
- Collaborate with Insurance & Tech Product, Underwriting, Claims, and Decision Engine teams to deliver pricing initiatives
- Conduct forecasting analyses to understand the long term implications of current and proposed rate changes
- Facilitate captive, carrier, and reinsurance needs to illustrate the growth and profitability the At-Bay program
- Facilitate the risk review process and contribute to the At-bay’s risk committee meetings to support the pricing & underwriting strategy.
- Create/improve tools and automate processes to improve the teams operational efficiency
- 3+ years P&C pricing experience in an insurance company/tech company/Insuretech/consulting company
- Experience working on reinsurance pricing is a must
- ACAS to FCAS or other equivalent designation
- Experience leading pricing projects from end to end, and collaborating and communicating cross functionally to ensure success
- Hands-on experience with Excel, SQL as must and Python/R as strong preferred
- Strong data visualization skills
- Plus if you have direct Cyber, Tech E&O, Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) experience.
- Experience supporting rate filings with State Department of Insurance is a plus
- Prior experience working with captives and/or reinsurers is a plus
- Driven, Team Player, Independent, Strong Sense of Ownership, Hungry for Intellectual Challenges, Concise, Results Driven, Bias Towards Efficiency
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, benefits package, equity
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- You will never lack for challenge, we are a unique blend of a tech startup, an international firm, and an insurance company
- Great office location in San Francisco